Trump releases one of most racist political adverts for decades on eve of election

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I already said I don't excuse Trump's ad, but yes I equate the two. Both seek to portray whole groups of people as monsters based on the extremists among them in viciously dishonest fashion. Republicans are not trying to run down or murder minority children. Illegal immigrants are not generally cop-killers.

You should oppose dishonesty where you find it, not when you like it.

The Latino commercial show minorities being terrorized by white supremacists.

THAT IS LITERALLY HAPPENING. IT HAS A GROWING BODY-COUNT. NOW. <<< Can you understand that? Is it basic enough for you? I don;t see a crayon font here. Maybe a pictograph would work?

2/3 of all terrorism in the US since 2001 has been right-wing. A majority of that white supremacist.

the Latino commercial reflects reality. It is in no way dishonest.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
The Latino commercial show minorities being terrorized by white supremacists.

THAT IS LITERALLY HAPPENING. IT HAS A GROWING BODY-COUNT. NOW. <<< Can you understand that? Is it basic enough for you? I don;t see a crayon font here. Maybe a pictograph would work?

2/3 of all terrorism in the US since 2001 has been right-wing. A majority of that white supremacist.

the Latino commercial reflects reality. It is in no way dishonest.

Atreus is right on the point he was making: both groups have used anecdotes and misleading rhetoric to further their agenda. While you say "this is happening" for that ad, the same can be said about Trump's rhetoric. Looking at the data, there is a kernel of truth to the illegals = worse crime (i.e. worse than both legal immigrants and majority white population), and their descendants are worse than that preceding generation. Liberals already indicate they don't feel either that it will change any time soon as they peddle nonsense such as implicit racism testing as "proof" there's rampant racism to make excuses for giving preferences in a number of areas for certain minorities.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Atreus is right on the point he was making: both groups have used anecdotes and misleading rhetoric to further their agenda. While you say "this is happening" for that ad, the same can be said about Trump's rhetoric. Looking at the data, there is a kernel of truth to the illegals = worse crime (i.e. worse than both legal immigrants and majority white population), and their descendants are worse than that preceding generation. Liberals already indicate they don't feel either that it will change any time soon as they peddle nonsense such as implicit racism testing as "proof" there's rampant racism to make excuses for giving preferences in a number of areas for certain minorities.

Bring forth the alleged data.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Bring forth the alleged data.

First graph: Texas demographics include a considerable amount of blacks and Hispanics. I'm positive illegals must be higher on some of the serious crimes if that is accounted for, and obviously the legal and illegal comparison is readily apparent in the graph.

Next graph: Pew shows the pattern where 2nd generation immigrants are worse than those who first came.

XATRA3VTXI7VZL2PBK7ZCDLNEA.png

FT_13.10.07_Prevalence-of-Crime.png

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
First graph: Texas demographics include a considerable amount of blacks and Hispanics. I'm positive illegals must be higher on some of the serious crimes if that is accounted for, and obviously the legal and illegal comparison is readily apparent in the graph.

Next graph: Pew shows the pattern where 2nd generation immigrants are worse than those who first came.

That in no way supports your original assertion- "Looking at the data, there is a kernel of truth to the illegals = worse crime (i.e. worse than both legal immigrants and majority white population)"

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
That in no way supports your original assertion- "Looking at the data, there is a kernel of truth to the illegals = worse crime (i.e. worse than both legal immigrants and majority white population)"

Yes it obviously does unless you can show me they presented the data poorly (i.e. it doesn't match with Texas demographics). Get rid of the Texan Hispanics and blacks from the "native born" data and illegals will be worse. And obviously the illegal and legal distinction is readily apparent. We want legal immigration, not illegal!

Feb 4, 2009

What are you trying to say with this graph? Seems like second generation commit crimes a little bit more often than native born people from 13-15(ish) then at an equal or slightly lower rate than native born people.
I don't get your point.

Edit: I see in your next post #160 that if we get rid of Da Blacks second generation immigrant will presumably commit more crime than native born.
Am I right with that summary?

Last edited:

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
What are you trying to say with this graph? Seems like second generation commit crimes a little bit more often than native born people from 13-15(ish) then at an equal or slightly lower rate than native born people.
I don't get your point.

Native born includes Hispanics and blacks, which makes it misleading. Blacks alone are responsible for a ridiculous amount of crime here.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
This is your favorite line of bullshit. We can't do that because native blacks & hispanics are part of us, part of America. The whole notion is thinly veiled racism.
The veil just dropped to reveal a hood, I think.
Native born includes Hispanics and blacks, which makes it misleading. Blacks alone are responsible for a ridiculous amount of crime here.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
NBC & Fox have decided to stop airing an (edited version) of the commercial

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/05/media/nbc-trump-immigration-ad/index.html
I just saw that, color me SHOCKED Faux won't run anything Dump want's. CNN refused to air it at all and NBC ran it during last nights Packers/Patriots game which prompted a huge negative reaction and response. Perhaps Fox is afraid of losing ad revenue if the offensive nature makes Latino's pledge to not buy anything ever advertised on Fox.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Yes it obviously does unless you can show me they presented the data poorly (i.e. it doesn't match with Texas demographics). Get rid of the Texan Hispanics and blacks from the "native born" data and illegals will be worse. And obviously the illegal and legal distinction is readily apparent. We want legal immigration, not illegal!

What the heck is that supposed to mean? Firstly it's the very epitome of cherry-picking or massaging data ("remove those who are more likely to commit crimes - or at least be convicted of them - from the figures and the numbers go down"). Secondly it's trying to imply that 'blacks and hispanics" are some special, intrinsically different sort of person, and not, in fact, part of, and a product of, US history and society. Especially so in the case of black people, who are in most cases not even nth-generation descendant of immigrants, they were absolutely part of what built the US from the start. Removing them from the figures makes as much sense as removing 'the working class' from the figures.

Ludicrous. And racist.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
When your ad is to racist for fox it might actually be racist.

Well, yeh, but the way Trump strokes their hopes & fears lets his supporters look right past that. They don't care if it's racist if it feels good. I'm sure it feels good to have a President who'll send troops to the border to defend us against the disease ridden brown hordes of dope dealers, rapists, cop killers & unknown middle easterners. Provided you believe that shit might be true in the first place, of course.

Reactions: nickqt

xgsound

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2002
[QUOTE="esquared, post: 39633686, member:
From the article:
"Thirty years ago, George H.W. Bush released his infamous fear-mongering, racist ad on Willie Horton.
This Trump ad is worse. Far worse."

Remember to vote Nov 6th, 2018[/QUOTE]

Al Gore brought up Willie Horton in the primaries and no one said a word.
His release and new crimes were and are fact.

The info in Trump's ad is also factual.
Truth is a defence against defamation in the USA.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

Truth is a defence against defamation in the USA.

Please post link/cite legitimate sources of Gore bringing up Willie Horton by name. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014
White males commit the majority of financial/white-collar crime and are profiled for it according to the FBI, should they be returned to Europe or subjected to unjust prosecution too?

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
[QUOTE="esquared, post: 39633686, member:
From the article:
"Thirty years ago, George H.W. Bush released his infamous fear-mongering, racist ad on Willie Horton.
This Trump ad is worse. Far worse."

Remember to vote Nov 6th, 2018

Truth is a defence against defamation in the USA.[/QUOTE]
Uh, WRONG, the cop killer got back into the country in 2002 while a REPUBLICAN was the POTUS, learn some facts before posting drivel.

Reactions: darkswordsman17