Trump refusing to take any significant action against Russia for their cyber attack

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
At least three high level officials have stated they haven't had any discussions with Trump concerning the Russian attack on the United States.

Sessions - AG
Comey - Former FBI Director
Haley - US Amb.

A current US Senator says,
"We haven't done anything," Republican Sen. John McCain,

The Senate passed legislation for additional sanctions and Trump is trying to get them watered down. Trump is currently committing malpractice while in office. It is a dereliction of duty.
Top administration and intelligence officials are struggling to convey the gravity of the threat posed by Russia's election meddling to President Donald Trump, who has been reluctant to accept the US intelligence community's conclusion that Moscow interfered in the 2016 election to boost his candidacy, CNN reported on Wednesday.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/tec...s-are-reportedly-frustrated-with-11254349.php

Reactions: AnonymouseUser
Feb 4, 2009
Why would he when he literally requested it in public?

No silly he requested that Obama do it. Trump doesn't want his tax returns or business communications leaking before the next election

*This is the danger of not taking Russian meddling seriously. I really wish we could all agree on that.
*The above statement could easily be put on another President or Congressman in the future

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Listening to some of the reports this morning, it seems that senior officials (including some within the WH) are frustrated that Trump cannot see the difference between Russia's cyberattacks/meddling and the collusion investigation. He can't do anything about it because that would be admitting to a stain on his legitimacy.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Treasonous swine.

It's disgusting what this buffoon is doing to our country, what he's done to notions like duty and dignity.

Bloodclot 2018!

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Listening to some of the reports this morning, it seems that senior officials (including some within the WH) are frustrated that Trump cannot see the difference between Russia's cyberattacks/meddling and the collusion investigation. He can't do anything about it because that would be admitting to a stain on his legitimacy.

That makes a lot of sense. At his age, given his history, we should expect he has trouble processing information.

Reactions: UNCjigga

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
That makes a lot of sense. At his age, given his history, we should expect he has trouble processing information.

Apparently he's more interested in attacking Morning Joe and making fun of women getting facelifts. That's our President folks!

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
No silly he requested that Obama do it. Trump doesn't want his tax returns or business communications leaking before the next election

*This is the danger of not taking Russian meddling seriously. I really wish we could all agree on that.
*The above statement could easily be put on another President or Congressman in the future
I think you misunderstood the comment. Why would Trump sanction Russia for meddling when Trump publicly requested Russian meddling?

Feb 4, 2009
I think you misunderstood the comment. Why would Trump sanction Russia for meddling when Trump publicly requested Russian meddling?

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Treasonous swine.

It's disgusting what this buffoon is doing to our country, what he's done to notions like duty and dignity.

Bloodclot 2018!

Do you feel that way about Obama knowing and doing nothing while he was still President? He knew about some of the things that were going on before the election, and did nothing. SHould be "Treasonous swine" by your definition, but probably not. I am sure you have an excuse for it. Lots of high end Dems not happy that he did nothing.

Are you wishing for a bloodclot to take out Trump?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Do you feel that way about Obama knowing and doing nothing while he was still President? He knew about some of the things that were going on before the election, and did nothing. SHould be "Treasonous swine" by your definition, but probably not. I am sure you have an excuse for it. Lots of high end Dems not happy that he did nothing.

Obama couldn't do anything. Trump was running around saying the only way he could lose was if the election was rigged Had Obama taken action, Trump and the republicans would've cried foul and claimed they were "fixing" the election for Clinton. He was in a lose lose situation.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Ah, and the excuses start.

Fact is, Obama knew about the meddling, and didn't do anything. Little hard to cry about it now, when the powers that be didn't do anything when they could have, and when it first started. I am sure you would feel that way if Trump knew about it, and roles were reversed. But we both know better, don't we?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Because you are the predictable void of facts, I'll tell you a joint statement was issued in Oct revealing the Russian interference. Now I will do something you are incapable of honesty, Obama should have done more. However that is a hind site opinion because trolls like you would have claimed the fix is in if he had.

You can't even be honest with yourself.

Reactions: xthetenth

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Fact is, Obama knew about the meddling, and didn't do anything. Little hard to cry about it now, when the powers that be didn't do anything when they could have, and when it first started. I am sure you would feel that way if Trump knew about it, and roles were reversed. But we both know better, don't we?

Ok here's this... yeah, I'm disappointed the Obama administration did nothing about it. And I'm equally, if not more pissed that now, a year later Trump has done nothing about it. Us being disappointed in the past can't change a damn thing. Us being disappointed in the present -- and the current POTUS -- and expecting some action makes some sense as the sitting POTUS can do something about it.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I'll echo my sentiments from another thread:
Trump's lack of attention to Russia and support of Flynn, Sessions, etc. are grossly incompetent. More importantly, they put us squarely in the crosshairs of Russian intelligence operations we know are ongoing. This behavior could be due to collusion, could be due to conflict of interest, could be due to naive incompetence, or could be due to (my leading hypothesis) inability to accept the reality of something that makes him look weaker. But that's not the most important question to answer. We're spending too much time worrying about the cause when the effect itself demands serious attention immediately.

@OutHouse while I agree that Obama failed to address this problem adequately, I will state unequivocally: we need to stop pointing fingers at our politicians and start pointing them toward Russia. I believe the goal of Russia's attack was not principally to get Trump elected, but rather to undermine our confidence in our system of government and induce us to fight each other instead of them. It seems to have worked.

We need someone in a high leadership position to point our crosshairs to the Kremlin. Who is going to do that?

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017

I mean that he literally asked the Russians to perform the cyber attacks, publicly. ;)

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017

Could he have done anything about it? Like start an investigation and if found to be true add new sanctions?

Didn't he do that?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Exactly, I'm in the camp that believes Trump really didn't expect to or want to win. He wanted to be the guy with tons of followers who complains about everything

And in Obama's case they thought he was going to lose too. And instead of escalating events (they truly feared Russia would manipulate votes) in an election that was already on pins and needles they chose to sit back and let it run it's course and deal with Russia after November was done. Obama didn't want to be in the middle of a globally visible election as stating the thing was rigged or compromised.

Every single one of us should be thankful we don't have to live with that call the rest of our lives.

Reactions: cytg111