Trump pulls out of GOP Debate Moderated by Megyn Kelly

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mysticjbyrd

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2015
Yeah, it must really suck that all the people that were baby boomers have busted their butts for many decades paying into SS are actually retiring these days and the middle class has been gutted so badly that no one is making enough to pay into it.

That and all the general rape of retirement savings, housing bubbles, etc in the last decade or so.

I can't even touch mine for at least 10 years or my 401Ks without sever penalties, being at the tail end of the baby boomers.

Yeah, it will really suck if you get to retirement age and have nothing there you've paid into all your life, but I should think of your future :)

What are you talking about!? SS is fine for decades to come despite the dumbass boomers.

If it's expanded a little, it will be good permanently.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
What are you talking about!? SS is fine for decades to come despite the dumbass boomers.

If it's expanded a little, it will be good permanently.

If by decades you mean sometime in 2030 long before I will be 65 then yes.

Fact is they keep taking money from SS like its some kind of fix all honey pot and super duper promise to put the money back in, but when you do that you aren't getting the return on investment that you're supposed to be getting while the money is borrowed. Now they need a high rate of return to keep SS solvent but this is a low rate, low ROI environment. SS is fucked.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
If by decades you mean sometime in 2030 long before I will be 65 then yes.

Fact is they keep taking money from SS like its some kind of fix all honey pot and super duper promise to put the money back in, but when you do that you aren't getting the return on investment that you're supposed to be getting while the money is borrowed. Now they need a high rate of return to keep SS solvent but this is a low rate, low ROI environment. SS is fucked.

Hardly. Many Americans simply don't understand how social security works.

The possible fixes are all relatively small and easy.
http://www.gwu.edu/~action/overview.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/could-social-security-go-bankrupt/

This explains how social security works and why it's not fucked.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntharvey/2014/08/14/social-security-cannot-go-bankrupt/#3dfec9b77f85

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
It's a mystery to me why the SS payroll tax hasn't been raised sooner, last hike was in 1990.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
It's a mystery to me why the SS payroll tax hasn't been raised sooner, last hike was in 1990.

Raising a tax that has a larger affect on the poor and middle class is a mystery to you as to why it hasn't been done?

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Raising a tax that has a larger affect on the poor and middle class is a mystery to you as to why it hasn't been done?
Like everything, we want it but don't want to pay for it, I guess it really isn't a mystery after all.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
FYI: The thread title should read as: "Trump pulls out of Megyn Kelly... Moderated Debate"

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Donald Trump is Shocking, Vulgar and Right

About 15 years ago, I said something nasty on CNN about Donald Trump’s hair. I can’t now remember the context, assuming there was one. In any case, Trump saw it and left a message the next day.

“It’s true you have better hair than I do,” Trump said matter-of-factly. “But I get more pussy than you do.” Click.

At the time, I’d never met Trump and I remember feeling amused but also surprised he’d say something like that. Now the pattern seems entirely familiar. The message had all the hallmarks of a Trump attack: shocking, vulgar and indisputably true.

Not everyone finds it funny. On my street in Northwest Washington, D.C., there’s never been anyone as unpopular as Trump. The Democrats assume he’s a bigot, pandering to the morons out there in the great dark space between Georgetown and Brentwood. The Republicans (those relatively few who live here) fully agree with that assessment, and they hate him even more. They sense Trump is a threat to them personally, to their legitimacy and their livelihoods. Idi Amin would get a warmer reception in our dog park.

Would like to quote the whole article but attention spans are short.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
According to Politifact the only candidate who's told the truth less often than Trump is Ben Carson. The idea that anyone could think Trump is right is truly laughable and sad.
In fairness to Trump, he still holds the lead in outright, pants-on-fire lies.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I actually do plan on running for president someday. Does that scare you?

Sometimes, I like think that society should take people like you and donate your organs to people that deserve them. I take great pleasure in those violent thoughts -- they're like junk food, and they're just as terrible for you.

But to be honest, how I truly feel is that we should learn how to be more willing to accept when we're wrong, and be more willing to be forgiving of others for making mistakes.

It's quite difficult to be so good of a person that I can hold my tongue and not criticize others, but it's difficult sometimes when you feel so strongly about your values. I've still got work to do in that regard.

It actually takes a lot of internal strength to be a "social justice warrior." To speak up and stand up for others at all times, both on the internet with anonymity -- or especially my case, where I've deliberately cast that aside -- or in real life.

It takes even more to restrain yourself from criticizing others in the face of criticism yourself. I've failed in that with you.

You say people like myself are pussies, but I actually feel so strongly about many of the values I hold, that I'd be willing to give my life up fighting for them. Can you say the same about yourself?

Oh good, P&N has a new fucktard.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
I actually do plan on running for president someday. Does that scare you?

Sometimes, I like think that society should take people like you and donate your organs to people that deserve them. I take great pleasure in those violent thoughts -- they're like junk food, and they're just as terrible for you.

But to be honest, how I truly feel is that we should learn how to be more willing to accept when we're wrong, and be more willing to be forgiving of others for making mistakes.

It's quite difficult to be so good of a person that I can hold my tongue and not criticize others, but it's difficult sometimes when you feel so strongly about your values. I've still got work to do in that regard.

It actually takes a lot of internal strength to be a "social justice warrior." To speak up and stand up for others at all times, both on the internet with anonymity -- or especially my case, where I've deliberately cast that aside -- or in real life.

It takes even more to restrain yourself from criticizing others in the face of criticism yourself. I've failed in that with you.

You say people like myself are pussies, but I actually feel so strongly about many of the values I hold, that I'd be willing to give my life up fighting for them. Can you say the same about yourself?
You should visit a mosque and tell them how you feel. :biggrin:

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
I'm willing to die twice for what I believe in. Because I believe in resurrection.

Any fool can die once for an idea.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Someone's feeling a little insecure, aren't they?

...?
You should spend more time around P&N, he's not insecure he's just a gigantic asshole.
With a tirade about being willing to die for what you believe, you are ripe for islamic indoctrination my friend.
Or a soldier in ANY military... Seriously, that was a stupid statement.
I am sure they'd enjoy hearing about how horrid their treatment of women and children is. But in the mind of sjws nothing is more evil than a white male.
I always get amusement out of the jackasses that bitch about SJWs. They're just the sad remnants of a bygone era. Men who are upset it's not socially acceptable to drag gay men behind your car or smack a women if she dares give him lip. The type of people that would vote Trump basically.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Yeah really, I guess he thinks the WWII generation was ripe for Islamic indoctrination.
Comparing someone willing to die for their countryvs someone willing to die for 77 virgins is the same, absolutely. In case you're totally dense I'm being sarcastic.