Trump Ordered Mueller Fired, but Backed Off When White House Counsel Threatened to Quit

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
The entire point of propaganda is to change public opinion through lies or partial truth. There is always a goal, a desired result. So we assume that the Russians wanted Trump in the white house, why? What does Russia gain by having Trump in charge? Or is it the other side of the coin, did they fear having Hillary in the white house? There is also the problem of discovery, what happens if they get caught? To me, that's the burning question, what benefit does Russia get out of all of this? Are we to believe that Trump is an outright traitor? Again, what will they gain if he is?
Beyond all of that, what exactly did they do? Do you know? I sure as heck don't.
I am admittedly biased because I despise Trump.

But I don't think it's difficult to "speculate" about a corrupt piece of shit and be pretty close to the reality of things. Trump has ties to mafia, big Russian monies, likely indebted to Russian financial institutes as well as shady financial backers. In other words, it's very possible they have him by the short curlies. Trump is after all a man that believes he lives above the law.

What if they get caught? This is new territory... No one knows. For a chaos leader like Putin, it's well worth the risk. What Russia gets? A puppet fixing the playing [oil] fields for Russia to monopolize (along with Tillerson) huge monies and control. Lifting the current sanctions would allow it.

Hillary? It is well known Putin loathes Hillary. She would never lift sanctions on Russia. Neither would she ever be his puppet or be indebted to Russia in a way America can't manage. Also, she would probably have made moves to sort out dealing with cyber attacks/war and that would not bode well for Russia.

YES TRUMP IS A TRAITOR. He is a traitor to his wife, to the planet, to air, water, the environment in general, to the GOP, to the people and to the country. Fu*k, he's even a traitor to himself. It's his nature. Let me say that again, it's his nature. Treason is such a short little leap to make for a corrupt waste of skin such as Trump.

So, all this stuff that keeps coming out about him... Is it just an elaborate ploy to get him out of office? What is it... Saturate the air waves with plausible stories to see what sticks? So, you might be attempting to appear as though you're being fair minded but you know he's corrupt to his core, you're just ready to forgive him anything.

I'm sure there's a poster in here that can put what I have said here more succinctly but I'm confident you can sort it out.

Tell me, do you speculate on what you think Hillary is guilty of? She's been investigated endlessly. Now it's Trump's turn and even you know that that man's shit DO stink (it's all that fast food and you know, he's corrupt AND Super scared for some reason... Why's he so scared?)

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
He. Publicly. Admitted. Firing. Comey. For. Investigating. Him.

It could not be any more spelled out for you.

I can play spelling with words too.

Then. why. don't. they. impeach. him. already?

Last edited:

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Because the GOP is bought and paid for. They've moved the bar and keep moving the bar. Lying about a blow job? Sure, impeach. Every disgusting, corrupt detail about Trump... waiting, waiting, waiting. Why?

You're an incredible dumbass. Truly and profoundly ignorant. Stop being so proud of that.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I can play spelling with words too

With punctuation? You're doing it wrong.

Here, let me help. If something is spelled out for you (because you're dumb) it's with letters from the alphabet. The punctuation used is for emphasis.

Hope that helped!

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
He. Publicly. Admitted. Firing. Comey. For. Investigating. Him.

It could not be any more spelled out for you.

With punctuation? You're doing it wrong.

Here, let me help. If something is spelled out for you (because you're dumb) it's with letters from the alphabet. The punctuation used is for emphasis.

Hope that helped!

Follow along and actually read the post I responded too. I copied and bolded it for the slow minded.

I hope that helped you!

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Follow along and actually read the post I responded too. I copied and bolded it for the slow minded.

I hope that helped you!

Dude. You are so stupid you dont even know you are stupid. lol. You have no place to tell others they have a "slow mind". fucking lol.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Dude. You are so stupid you dont even know you are stupid. lol. You have no place to tell others they have a "slow mind". fucking lol.

I mention slow minded and out you come.

Oh stop. You are going to hurt my feelings.

LOL.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017

I hope that helped you!
So my efforts were in vain. It's not like my hope was a strong hope but still there was some. No, really, it existed. Yes, my expectations are super low with ya pc but even I thought you could grasp the difference between spelling and punctuation. I meeean, it explains a lot about your comprehension level. It also explains why Trump is so appealing to you. If you're reading just punctuation then yes most articles about him are chuck-a-block full of the sexier punctuation due to shock, repulsion, stupidity... wait, it probably looks a little like this ---> !!! <--- to you. I imagine your reaction to it goes as follows, pc: How exciting! Must support, must defend! Plus when that fat fu*k talks he makes me feel like stupid is the new smart! And if the president can be proudly stupid so can't I !!! Weeee!!! Then you spread your arms and spin around in circles every time YOU think you're getting away with stupid? You are definitely not getting away with it dumb-dumb. Ya just look and sound stupid 100% of the time. Though Trump is pushing that agenda whole heartedly the fact remains, stupid is as stupid does, ya know.

I'm not sure what punctuation to use to make this post readable for you but maybe you read hand gestures too(?)... Middle finger ---> ! <--- The exclamation point means I mean it. Again, how exciting for you. Now that I've made an effort to speak your language, I expect your full support in EVERYTHING I do and say!

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I guess you didn't or can't read the post I was responding to. So far you are proving that you are as dense as you are conceited.

Amused said:

" He. Publicly. Admitted. Firing. Comey. For. Investigating. Him."

"It could not be any more spelled out for you."

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I guess you didn't or can't read the post I was responding to. So far you are proving that you are as dense as you are conceited.

Amused said:

" He. Publicly. Admitted. Firing. Comey. For. Investigating. Him."

"It could not be any more spelled out for you."
WOW! You have no choice but to defend the Stupid-in-Chief, do you? I of course am messing with you numb nuts because you're stupidity makes it fun for me... sometimes.

Oh yeah I forgot. I'm wicked pretty pc and DON'T YOU EVER FORGET IT! Also, I am so much better than you in every way. EVERY WAY! Every... Well, I think you get my point but to be clear, there is no way in which you are better than me. None, none at all. Like seriously, the moment you think you've stumbled upon something you think you might be better than me in, you are instantly wrong and that will be true every time. EVERY TIME.

I feel no need to emphasize any of this in red or bold. The emphasis is and will always be on the fact that I am just better than you.

Even 200 years from now, 1000, eternity. Sheesh man, you really ought to spend some time coming correct on that with what ever time you have left in this world. maybe bring those numbers down to a more reasonable 50 years. Ah, what's it matter? Unlike Trump, his lackey's and State Run Fox News or even you this fact can never be altered. Ya know what? Just go ahead and feel shame. Awe, how embarrassing for you.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
TBH I think pcgeek is just going meta (talking about word games) rather than talking about anything vaguely related to the topic.

But what does it matter? At least one video shows Trump on the record talking about firing Comey in order to try and stop the Russia investigation. Asking for an opinion on a fact is pointless.

quote-you-don-t-need-people-s-opinion-on-a-fact-you-might-as-well-have-a-poll-asking-which-john-oliver-82-29-57.jpg

If pcgeek11 was interested in finding out the answer to his question, he wouldn't be asking someone who is anti-Trump for an opinion, he would have been researching the answer himself and/or thinking it through logically. Finding a definitive answer (backed up with undeniable evidence) to that question is going to be difficult because you're talking about the individual motivations of a multitude of people, but finding out their motivations is not as important as facing the fact that when confronted with undeniable evidence of obstruction of justice, they did not move to impeach him.

Last edited:
Reactions: cytg111

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
WOW! You have no choice but to defend the Stupid-in-Chief, do you? I of course am messing with you numb nuts because you're stupidity makes it fun for me... sometimes.

Oh yeah I forgot. I'm wicked pretty pc and DON'T YOU EVER FORGET IT! Also, I am so much better than you in every way. EVERY WAY! Every... Well, I think you get my point but to be clear, there is no way in which you are better than me. None, none at all. Like seriously, the moment you think you've stumbled upon something you think you might be better than me in, you are instantly wrong and that will be true every time. EVERY TIME.

I feel no need to emphasize any of this in red or bold. The emphasis is and will always be on the fact that I am just better than you.

Even 200 years from now, 1000, eternity. Sheesh man, you really ought to spend some time coming correct on that with what ever time you have left in this world. maybe bring those numbers down to a more reasonable 50 years. Ah, what's it matter? Unlike Trump, his lackey's and State Run Fox News or even you this fact can never be altered. Ya know what? Just go ahead and feel shame. Awe, how embarrassing for you.

I have no answer to your stupidity.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
If pcgeek11 was interested in finding out the answer to his question, he wouldn't be asking someone who is anti-Trump for an opinion, he would have been researching the answer himself and/or thinking it through logically. Finding a definitive answer (backed up with undeniable evidence) to that question is going to be difficult because you're talking about the individual motivations of a multitude of people, but finding out their motivations is not as important as facing the fact that when confronted with undeniable evidence of obstruction of justice, they did not move to impeach him.
Very true and my parents are a fine example this confirmation bias as they are not wanting to expose themselves to any information that is contrary to what they want to believe. They can't understand why all of the educated children are Democrats but then again they don't seem to understand much beyond what they want to believe so us liberals have to go help them.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Because Republicans in Congress think it is more important to enact their policy agenda than police criminal activity by the president. If they were presented with an identical set of facts about President Clinton I have zero doubt they would have initiated impeachment proceedings a long time ago.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Because. You. Voted. In. Shitty. People. And. Refuse. To. Hold. Them. Accountable.

(Just for you buddy! ;) )

This is the most important point. The primary cause of the sickness and corruption in modern American conservatism isn’t the politicians, it’s the voters.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Trump has demonstrated time and again that he just does not understand the ramifications of his own actions. He does the unthinkable because he doesn't think. Then it's left up to his handlers to either try to keep him at least somewhat in check, or to do damage control.

He already fired Comey, and apparently tried to (or wanted to) fire Mueller. Concern about optics clearly isn't in his mind, and whenever he does something outrageous, the Republican party generally seems willing to cover his ass. Trump and his handlers are going with the "FBI is corrupt" narrative 100% to bring the Republican supporters in line with this narrative.

I don't believe he will try to fire Mueller. He'll fire Rosenstein, and will then try to put his own minion in the position to limit and restrict the investigation in every way he can.

"No, Mr. Mueller, you may not pursue any part of the investigation that involves Mr. Trump's personal finances."

"No, Mr. Mueller, we're not going to increase your budget. In fact, we're going to cut it in half."

Meanwhile, they'll keep eliminating anyone who doesn't toe the line.

It's a slow-walked Saturday Night Massacre.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump has demonstrated time and again that he just does not understand the ramifications of his own actions. He does the unthinkable because he doesn't think. Then it's left up to his handlers to either try to keep him at least somewhat in check, or to do damage control.

He already fired Comey, and apparently tried to (or wanted to) fire Mueller. Concern about optics clearly isn't in his mind, and whenever he does something outrageous, the Republican party generally seems willing to cover his ass. Trump and his handlers are going with the "FBI is corrupt" narrative 100% to bring the Republican supporters in line with this narrative.

I don't believe he will try to fire Mueller. He'll fire Rosenstein, and will then try to put his own minion in the position to limit and restrict the investigation in every way he can.

"No, Mr. Mueller, you may not pursue any part of the investigation that involves Mr. Trump's personal finances."

"No, Mr. Mueller, we're not going to increase your budget. In fact, we're going to cut it in half."

I think he understands the ramifications perfectly well. Federal law enforcement is not currently personally loyal to him, instead being loyal to the country. Trump believes this is a bad thing. This is not complicated, he thinks the justice department is supposed to protect him and attack his enemies. He’s said as much.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
This is the most important point. The primary cause of the sickness and corruption in modern American conservatism isn’t the politicians, it’s the voters.

This reminds me of me explaining to my parents that voting for UKIP as a "protest vote" tells the conservatives they normally vote for that they need to emulate UKIP.

But I disagree with your opinion here. The problem is both. People vote for the candidate who most closely represents their views, and politicians will bend as far as each feels able to pander to those views, generally spurred on by a thirst for power.

Take Roy Moore for example: IMO, if the Republican party had said, "We have enough evidence to believe that this guy is a kiddie fiddler and therefore we do not support him", it basically would have been one nut against the world (and a posse of rape apologists).

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

However, IMO the anti-FBI rhetoric points in a far more extreme direction than "we fired this guy for doing X, would anyone else care to do the same thing?", and IMO encourages rebellion from the FBI/CIA/NSA/any other organisation who thinks that they'll be taken over next. If the Republicans aren't careful, they'll need their own priesthood in order to launder their dirty washing rather than relying on organisations who uphold the law.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I am admittedly biased because I despise Trump.

But I don't think it's difficult to "speculate" about a corrupt piece of shit and be pretty close to the reality of things. Trump has ties to mafia, big Russian monies, likely indebted to Russian financial institutes as well as shady financial backers. In other words, it's very possible they have him by the short curlies. Trump is after all a man that believes he lives above the law.

What if they get caught? This is new territory... No one knows. For a chaos leader like Putin, it's well worth the risk. What Russia gets? A puppet fixing the playing [oil] fields for Russia to monopolize (along with Tillerson) huge monies and control. Lifting the current sanctions would allow it.

Hillary? It is well known Putin loathes Hillary. She would never lift sanctions on Russia. Neither would she ever be his puppet or be indebted to Russia in a way America can't manage. Also, she would probably have made moves to sort out dealing with cyber attacks/war and that would not bode well for Russia.

YES TRUMP IS A TRAITOR. He is a traitor to his wife, to the planet, to air, water, the environment in general, to the GOP, to the people and to the country. Fu*k, he's even a traitor to himself. It's his nature. Let me say that again, it's his nature. Treason is such a short little leap to make for a corrupt waste of skin such as Trump.

So, all this stuff that keeps coming out about him... Is it just an elaborate ploy to get him out of office? What is it... Saturate the air waves with plausible stories to see what sticks? So, you might be attempting to appear as though you're being fair minded but you know he's corrupt to his core, you're just ready to forgive him anything.

I'm sure there's a poster in here that can put what I have said here more succinctly but I'm confident you can sort it out.

Tell me, do you speculate on what you think Hillary is guilty of? She's been investigated endlessly. Now it's Trump's turn and even you know that that man's shit DO stink (it's all that fast food and you know, he's corrupt AND Super scared for some reason... Why's he so scared?)
That's all very interesting, and well said. Once evidence of those crimes is presented Trump should be impeached. So far, the only one that holds water is cheating on his wife. Everything else is opinion. You don't get sent to jail on opinion.

I don't speculate about what Hillary is guilty of, I just want her to go away so she doesn't fuck up another election.