Trump on COVID - “If you take the blue states out we’re at a level that I don’t think anybody in the world would be at."

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I was just watching a Steven Colbert video where he was mocking a Trump rally. The video showed that they actually are rallying like it's 2016, the crowds are still chanting "lock her up".

Trump exploits their irrational affection for him in a cruel & monstrous way. He knows full well that such events further the spread of a deadly pandemic & does it anyway, over & over & over again. And they somehow imagine that he cares for them. How people's head's can get so totally fucked up is incomprehensible to me.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
It may be the expected rhetoric from a Repub. And Dems do the same sometimes. It's his lies, the really big in your face ones, that make and will make him look silly and not to be taken seriously as president or president up for reelection. Hopefully to 52%+ of the electoral college and pop vote.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It may be the expected rhetoric from a Repub. And Dems do the same sometimes. It's his lies, the really big in your face ones, that make and will make him look silly and not to be taken seriously as president or president up for reelection. Hopefully to 52%+ of the electoral college and pop vote.

Trumpism is not rational in any way. Trump summons his followers to massive covid parties, tells them that they're dealing with the pandemic better than blue states even though they're not, and is believed. Maybe deliberately exposing themselves to infection is some sort of twisted loyalty test.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Trumpism is not rational in any way. Trump summons his followers to massive covid parties, tells them that they're dealing with the pandemic better than blue states even though they're not, and is believed. Maybe deliberately exposing themselves to infection is some sort of twisted loyalty test.

I have zero fucks left to give anymore if Covid takes out Trumphumpers that refuse to wear masks indoors. Zero. It's cleansing the gene pool really. Unfortunately they could possibly take up medical resources that could go to help an actual decent human being and/or spread it to other decent people. That's the downside.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I have zero fucks left to give anymore if Covid takes out Trumphumpers that refuse to wear masks indoors. Zero. It's cleansing the gene pool really. Unfortunately they could possibly take up medical resources that could go to help an actual decent human being and/or spread it to other decent people. That's the downside.

I'm all about as few new infections as we can reasonably arrange, starting with them. The immorality of Trump enticing them to events where they can spread it around or even die is truly despicable. He cares as much about those people as a fentanyl dealer does about his customers and they care about as much as a junkie looking to get high. They really get off on a good Trump rally, even if it kills them.

Reactions: tweaker2

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'm all about as few new infections as we can reasonably arrange, starting with them. The immorality of Trump enticing them to events where they can spread it around or even die is truly despicable. He cares as much about those people as a fentanyl dealer does about his customers and they care about as much as a junkie looking to get high. They really get off on a good Trump rally, even if it kills them.

With some hesitancy, I don't blame Trump for having his Covid super spreaders. It's those folks who attend his pep rallies that think they are somehow justified in being defiant against those enemies of Trump's that seek to usurp his "legitimate rights as the president", right or wrong, never mind what the overwhelming facts are of his incompetency and unfitness for the office he scammed his way into.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
With some hesitancy, I don't blame Trump for having his Covid super spreaders. It's those folks who attend his pep rallies that think they are somehow justified in being defiant against those enemies of Trump's that seek to usurp his "legitimate rights as the president", right or wrong, never mind what the overwhelming facts are of his incompetency and unfitness for the office he scammed his way into.

Leadership matters. They're victims of Trump's malevolent narcissism. He fucked with their minds already damaged by decades of right wing lies & disinformation.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
This is the type of rhetoric that is completely unacceptable if you are an elected official. He is not president of the red states. He is president of this nation, but he acts like he is at war with half the country.

To be fair, half the country is at war with him.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Trump supporters seeing this thread:

AnimatedIgnorantAmphibian-small.gif

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
And today (9/24), Trump country has taken a solid lead in cases (per-capita) and has locked in the top12 spots, with blue states steadily declining down the list. When will they lockup the top 15 or 20 spots. Early October?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Interestingly, Wisconsin is currently screaming up the COVID charts. So he must be conceding WI too.
Saw that. That can't help him for sure. Of course, I keep forgetting mental deduction doesn't appear to be a Trump supporter's strong suit.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Saw that. That can't help him for sure.

He's as strong as ever in rural WI. This state will come down to how many voters in Milwaukee and Madison turn out. There might be 2 blue counties and the rest the deepest shade of red one can imagine. GOP is doing everything they can to hamstring voting in Milwaukee and Dane counties too. It's going to be very intersting.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
And today (9/24), Trump country has taken a solid lead in cases (per-capita) and has locked in the top12 spots, with blue states steadily declining down the list. When will they lockup the top 15 or 20 spots. Early October?

Masks are clearly fake news meant to suppress our organization and outreach for Glorious Leader's reelection!

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
UPDATE: 9/28
The red states continue to gain ground. Another red state (SD) has moved into the top 15 states based on per-capita stats, and now have a lock on 13 of the top 15 positions, pushing NJ out of the top 15.