Trump mounts a brilliant new impeachment defense

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
It's not a completely stupid defense. I grew up saying "N-E-S" and "S-N-E-S", but there are people who say them as words, "nes" and "snes".

:p

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's perfectly obvious that Trump tried to bribe Zelensky into sliming the Bidens & to advance a conspiracy theory also being pushed by Russian intelligence. He knew it was illegal & so did all the people who helped him advance the scheme. He also knew it would be damaging to Ukraine. Getting away with it will only embolden him to greater malfeasance.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yeah, he just dropped the definite article "the" that everyone else in the history of America has used when referring to "U.S." LOL took him almost two months to think of that one? Why didn't he just say that straight off? We could have avoided all this impeachment nonsense!
uuugh, just a guess but maybe he is......

LYING

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Got to keep us folks.

This right here is the new and improved Trump defense.

I'll bet Putin himself put that bug in Donnie's ear some while back. And what was Ukraine supposed to say at the time when Trump was pooh-poohing Russia seizing Crimea & waging war against Ukraine in the Donbass? Of course they spoke out against that, rightfully so. And of course they ratted out Manafort because he was part of the Kremlin backed Yanukovych lootocracy.

And, let's face it, Only Trump & the GOP can whine about having won.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
I see that UNCjigga has left the building!! It is sad when people don`t stick around to defend there post!!

UNCjigga is ridiculing what these people are doing. I think I can safely say that he hates Trump and is most definitely a "Never Trumper"® Where did you get that he was defending Trump or Ghouliani?

® "Never Trumper" is a Registered Trademark of God-Emperor Trump.

Reactions: Lanyap and ch33zw1z

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Pls do my country a favour, help my country re-elect the bestest president they have ever had, donald trump the magnificent (me). I dont want this for me, i do it for my country.

How long before Trumpo starts speaking in the third person?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
WE NEED A BIGGER BOAT
As they said in the movie.
But for democrats, they need a better candidate.
Seriously, would not just one super fantastic democratic presidential candidate do it?
Take care of all our Trump woes?
It doesn't matter what Donald Trump may do because he is well protected.
Protected from within, protected from without.
All of this nonsense, the insanity created by Donald Trump could be ended easily in less than one year from today IF ONLY the democrats could find just one capable candidate out there to run that is not as nutcase as Donald Trump.
So far, I don't see it.

Unless the gay guy gets the nomination and people then get onboard with having the first gay president, with having first gay first dude instead of first lady. And if people find some history-making worthiness with that happening, and if people believe that having a gay president just might be fun, if none of that then I don't see the defeat of Trump.
Either try the gay guy. or at least try something new.
As as crazy and insane as Trump is, I don't see him going down. I don't see the impeachment succeeding, I don't see any of the democratic choices winning.

We all know whats up with Donald Trump and the republicans, I want to know whats up with the democrats?
Joe Biden, really?
Warren and her two thousand dollar social security benefit hike for every senior, really? While those below the age of 54 don't even know if SS will be around for them?
Or Bernie Sanders? Really?
At this point in desperation and to bet the farm all or for nothing, I'd welcome Hillary Clinton back into the race.
Hillary wouldn't be any worse than what democrats have now.

With democrats familiar now more than ever with how painful long-term a loss can truly be, maybe Hillary could get it together and bring back in those votes needed to win. To bring back those states that lost their mind in 2016.
Democrats should just do it.
Shoot the entire wad.
Bet the farm.
All or nothing.
Invest everything in the long shot.
Either that, democrats, or say hello to Donald Trump part two.
The sequel of horrors unlike anyone can imagine.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Trump has sternly followed a simple Rule of Thumb. If Obama succeeded at anything, it must be totally reversed and abolished.

I have a simple Rule of Thumb. Trump has told about 13,000 lies from the beginning of his presidency.

Therefore, if Trump told me there's going to be a nuclear attack on LA, there's a severe storm warning, "there was no collusion" -- anything -- I must not believe it. Too risky, ya see . . .

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Sigh. I fear we won’t be free of this 'stable genius' until he Eventually passes away.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
im watching this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7BPMXOc5QI (dont watch it in the embed, go to youtube)
of trump talking - live comments; a staggering percentage of accounts are either brand new, have no content, or have had content added in just the last few days. witness the russian troll machine in action.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I mean, they could just release the audio and prove he said "You Ess", right?

Fancy Bates : Heaven forbid, you just tell him no, you ass.
U.S. Bates : That's U.S., not you ass.

MV5BNzYxYzZiMjUtYTc3Zi00YzYzLWIyZDgtNDRkNjMwNGVjNWE5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.jpg

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie