Trump looking at Creating his own SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
  • Is this a legit story or is this conspiracy bullshit? If true, it confirms how dangerous this lunatic is. If not, shame on me....

THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION is considering a set of proposals developed by Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a retired CIA officer — with assistance from Oliver North, a key figure in the Iran-Contra scandal — to provide CIA Director Mike Pompeo and the White House with a global, private spy network that would circumvent official U.S. intelligence agencies, according to several current and former U.S. intelligence officials and others familiar with the proposals. The sources say the plans have been pitched to the White House as a means of countering “deep state” enemies in the intelligence community seeking to undermine Donald Trump’s presidency.

The creation of such a program raises the possibility that the effort would be used to create an intelligence apparatus to justify the Trump administration’s political agenda.

“Pompeo can’t trust the CIA bureaucracy, so we need to create this thing that reports just directly to him,” said a former senior U.S. intelligence official with firsthand knowledge of the proposals, in describing White House discussions. “It is a direct-action arm, totally off the books,” this person said, meaning the intelligence collected would not be shared with the rest of the CIA or the larger intelligence community. “The whole point is this is supposed to report to the president and Pompeo directly.”

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/04...-private-spies-to-counter-deep-state-enemies/

Last edited by a moderator:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
It really is going full circle, liberals are the new conservatives. Right down to the conspiracy theories.

Are we now? Let's see how many liberals are on board with this. Personally, while I wouldn't put this sort of thing past this administration, I'm not convinced that the sourcing is solid enough here.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Basically copying Putin. This is why fellow liberals should reconsider opposition to 2nd Amendment, at least as it relates to security of a free state.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Basically copying Putin. This is why fellow liberals should reconsider opposition to 2nd Amendment, at least as it relates to security of a free state.
Liberals need to start arming themselves, I’m afraid the conservatives gun owners will pick the wrong side.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Thankfully I am confident our system of government will limit his capacity to operate as a totalitarian and allow us to undo much of the damage after his presidency, but I am still extremely disturbed by how much I underappreciated his ability to act unilaterally, undermine our safeguards, and create a legacy that can't be undone (e.g. judicial appointments). I just hope he doesn't lead us to war or provoke another party into it.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Thankfully I am confident our system of government will limit his capacity to operate as a totalitarian and allow us to undo much of the damage after his presidency, but I am still extremely disturbed by how much I underappreciated his ability to act unilaterally, undermine our safeguards, and create a legacy that can't be undone (e.g. judicial appointments). I just hope he doesn't lead us to war or provoke another party into it.

You should be concerned about the large swath of politicians who are ok with such things.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Is this a legit story or is this conspiracy bullshit? If true, it confirms how dangerous this lunatic is. If not, shame on me....
Net neutrality is dead and buried and as such you know deep down that you can no longer trust any news you read. All news is now passing through Trumps desk so that it can be altered to conform with the current truth. This story though is true unless it's doublespeak. What exactly is truth except perhaps a lie told over and over?

What's important now is to put thought into what you share with whom. You may have put yourself in dire straights by sharing this post with the world. The next knock on the door could very well be those who have come to take you away. Think about it, what better time than when packages are being delivered for Christmas? Dong-dong, off you go to never be seen again.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So we can start killing this who disagree with us? Do you even hear yourself?

Fucking traitor.

Not what I said. What I was agreeing with is that the 2A exists for the protection of a free state and that all Americans should embrace it.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
You should be concerned about the large swath of politicians who are ok with such things.

I think it's impressive you could only come up with 1 grievance I left out about Trump's presidency. :)

Yeah, I'm concerned about it, but I see it mostly as OK looking the other direction than OK with what's happening. Both are pretty damn bad, though.

Nov 25, 2013
Net neutrality is dead and buried and as such you know deep down that you can no longer trust any news you read. All news is now passing through Trumps desk so that it can be altered to conform with the current truth. This story though is true unless it's doublespeak. What exactly is truth except perhaps a lie told over and over?

What's important now is to put thought into what you share with whom. You may have put yourself in dire straights by sharing this post with the world. The next knock on the door could very well be those who have come to take you away. Think about it, what better time than when packages are being delivered for Christmas? Dong-dong, off you go to never be seen again.

Whoa! The colours man, the colours are so groovy.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Would that one zero out the spy network created under Obama?
Yes, thank goodness we have intelegence agencies that protect us from people trying to undermine our democracy, no matter which administration is in power. Those people come from across the whole political spectrum. Guess what they have in common, they love this country, and they spend their careers making sure that foreign powers are not subverting our democracy. Those scum, how dare they.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think it's impressive you could only come up with 1 grievance I left out about Trump's presidency. :)

Yeah, I'm concerned about it, but I see it mostly as OK looking the other direction than OK with what's happening. Both are pretty damn bad, though.
Could you maybe define what you mean by looking the other way. Personally I can't see how the American people are not responsible for Trump and equally to blame. Trump is a manifestation of our collective state of evolution and our collective self hate. The reason I feel that Trump surprised people is because we look the other way about just how bad we feel. It didn't surprise me really because I am aware of the screaming mad violence within me. We have massive military might around the globe and all because we are afraid to know what we feel. The world we live in is the real world manifestation of our inner state.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Could you maybe define what you mean by looking the other way. Personally I can't see how the American people are not responsible for Trump and equally to blame. Trump is a manifestation of our collective state of evolution and our collective self hate. The reason I feel that Trump surprised people is because we look the other way about just how bad we feel. It didn't surprise me really because I am aware of the screaming mad violence within me. We have massive military might around the globe and all because we are afraid to know what we feel. The world we live in is the real world manifestation of our inner state.

By looking the other way I mean (via conscious choice or not) hoping that the Trump debacle will go away or that someone else will intervene, or trying to take advantage of the political situation to advance an agenda, or choosing to clam up about something out of fear they will lose support from their constituents, etc.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
By looking the other way I mean (via conscious choice or not) hoping that the Trump debacle will go away or that someone else will intervene, or trying to take advantage of the political situation to advance an agenda, or choosing to clam up about something out of fear they will lose support from their constituents, etc.
I guess my point is that I agreed with your first post in having some confidence the situation will right itself, I also agree with ivwshane that it hasn't yet because of the politicians we have. They are the ones I believe the American people are accountable for as the agent that put them in office, either by voting wrong or not voting or having no real options one way or the other. Humanity is bitter over the loss of real self love to the need to conform to artificial standards inculcated by violence and the terror of threat, intimidation made possible by emotional associations with ideas.

Feb 16, 2005
It really is going full circle, liberals are the new conservatives. Right down to the conspiracy theories.
Possibly, but there's a better chance the liberals will make the effort to challenge the theories, and do it with reason and facts, you know, like the exact opposite of conservative whackjobs.

Reactions: Pohemi

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Erik Prince & Ollie North might well advance such a crackpot scheme. The lawyers would only have one question- "Are you out of your fucking minds?"

Status
Not open for further replies.