Trump: 'It's not too late' to get rid of Comey

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/late-rid-fbi-director-james-comey-trump/story?id=46746596

Trump told The New York Times last week that he believed Rice could be guilty of a crime. Her spokesman told ABC News she wouldn't "dignify the president's ludicrous charge with a comment."

Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo asked Trump why he has so many Obama officials remaining in his administration, specifically Comey, who is not technically a political appointee.

Asked whether it was "too late" to get rid of Comey, Trump appeared hesitant to discuss the matter.

"No, it's not too late," Trump said. "But you know, I have confidence in him. We'll see what happens. It is going to be interesting."

He went on to hit Comey for his actions in the investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server when she was secretary of state, saying he was "very, very good to her" and "if he weren't, she would probably be going to trial."

Comey said last summer that his agency did not recommend that charges be brought against her, after a yearlong investigation.

Trump, asked whether he's considering taking any further action against Clinton, said, "I don't want to talk about that. I want to talk about positive things."

Trump previously backed away from campaign threats to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the issue.

Would be an epic shitshow if he dismissed him I think. He sounds upset that the FBI won't focus on his fabrications and continue to investigate his campaign's ties to Russia.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Trump having a problem with Bannon is like Trump's asshole and nuts arguing over which one of them smells worse than the other.

edit - Trump having a problem with Comey is like Trump having a really major problem with Freddy Krueger getting in his face every time Trump closes his eyes, with Freddy all dressed up like Ted Cruz.

Last edited:

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
OMG PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN

op i will personally buy you a years netflix subscription of they throw this man out as tribute to the gods that might turn this post true

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Dismissing him right now would be about the worst possible optics for this administration. I highly doubt that will happen.
Somehow I doubt anyone would care, especially since 90% of everything this administration has done since the day he threw his hat in the ring has had the "worst possible optics."

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Trump supporters wouldn't care if Trump and Comey made sweet love in the middle of times square.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Sounds like a great opening for a fed whistleblower to come out.

Also, again, worst possible political choice he could make. His supporters wouldn't care, but EVERYONE else would. Might get him to '18, but he'd be done after that.