Trump has done something I approve of

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I will show respect for him on this. He said no new oil drilling for Exxon in Russia. Good call Mr. President and I appreciate it.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/21/news/companies/trump-exxon-russia-sanctions/index.html

This really goes to show that the derisive public shaming going on across the country works well on trump sorts. Sort of like when he refused to say anything bad about david duke, but after being accused of blatant white nationalism finally relented to disavow the klan's support. Or when he was publicly seen be led around by Steve Bannon finally decided to stick up for himself a bit. There's a lesson to be learned from this by people who instead believe their reason will work on folks who've zero use for it.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
It's just too hot right now for Trump to be seen cozying up to the Russians. Down the road, who knows?

So true. With the Russia related investigations now in progress, and with his realizing that no matter how he is deflecting/diverting away from them, they're on-going, he can't stop them and they're still up front and in the news.

I can't wait for the time when he also has to answer to his emolument issues and his stonewalling the release of his tax returns. I can just imagine how badly one/some of the IRS analysts who're auditing his account want to leak them out to really light up those matches they've got stuffed between Trump's toes.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'll give him props for this for sure. However, let's see if this is one of those things that gets approved of later quietly down the road.

However, this may be be sign that my Russian/trump theory might be correct.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
either its a play or maybe Trump found out the peepee tapes are real.. the collusion is real.. its all real and he is now "pissed" about it.
I mean, someone might have pointed out to him that if the FBI started monitoring Page back in 2013 it couldnt really have been anything to do with his campaign... before it was..
"wires tapped".. yea since 2013 you dumbass..

Last edited:

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
The excuse to cover up rising gas prices in the name of lining Exxon's pockets the way Tillerson and the other execs want. This game replays itself over and over again and each time Exxon's profits reach new heights.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
The excuse to cover up rising gas prices in the name of lining Exxon's pockets the way Tillerson and the other execs want. This game replays itself over and over again and each time Exxon's profits reach new heights.

You should invest in exxon and grab some of those sweet profits

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'm assuming that the FBI has access to Trump's tax documents. If so, the FBI is in an excellent position to consolidate Trump's tax data with his business dealings with Putin and his fellow Kremlin based oligarchs. Can't wait for their findings to see the light of day, but I'm wondering just how effective Trump can be at shutting down the FBI's efforts in this regard.

Things being really high stakes money-wise, that fact alone can have all things Trump take some really wild turns with surprising outcomes. This huge oil deal being one of them, for sure timing is everything and in this regard, it seems for Trump this deal is much too personally profitable to permanently shut down. It will, it has to come back around because there's too much $$$ involved and too much influence peddling by one of, if not THE strongest lobby in the nation. With Trump being of their ilk, it pretty much seals the deal.

Trump has this huge advantage of being POTUS in order to leverage his financial interests to heights unknown, so it's safe to assume that being who/what he is, he simply can't resist the temptation to side with his chosen SECSTATE Tillerson and his blatantly obvious connections with Big Oil. Of course, with Trump being somewhat restricted per his running his businesses he will do whatever he can to run his profit making schemes in the shadows of shell corps. and other such tools that cloaks his identity from exposure. It's an old tried and true game that he's been playing for decades and his being POTUS won't change a thing about it or him.