Trump does it again - strikes deal with EU's Juncker, avoids trade war

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Isn't it great how Speedy just follows the most important aspect of propaganda?

A lie repeated often enough becomes the truth.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Isn't it great how Speedy just follows the most important aspect of propaganda?

This is because he's a fucking idiot that thinks that making shit up on internet forums is somehow going to change reality.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
So does this mean Trump is cancelling the 12 billion dollars in emergency aid for farmers planned to fix the disaster Trump's tariffs created?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
So does this mean Trump is cancelling the 12 billion dollars in emergency aid for farmers planned to fix the disaster Trump's tariffs created?

Probably not but Trump Jr. will be placed in charge of writing the distribution requirements. In the meantime all the Trump households now have a single soybean plant so they can be "farmers".

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
"I'm not going to do the stupid things I said I would do, and so we will return to the status quo of relationships and deals before I was sworn into office!"

Trump supporters call that a win. In related news, Trump supporters are dependably moronic.

urvile

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2017
Well, now the EU has to officially buy a lot more soy which is fine b/c it'll also help our farmers since we are cockblocking china. Regarding oil, just b/c the infrastructure was being upgraded didn't mean they had to buy the fuel from us. Trump ensured that we are officially the prime supplier now. We also get to keep the 10% alum tariff and 25% steel tariff which obama was too pussy to do. This will ensure 2020 for trump in steel country battleground states (PA, OH).

How do you explain the 12 billion in subsidies to US farmers then?

urvile

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2017
Yep, forgot to add we got another thing in our haul:
"Both sides agreed to work to decrease industrial tariffs and adjust regulations to allow US medical devices to be traded more easily in European markets."
Will add to the OP.

We get:
1) The EU will buy more liquefied natural gas from the U.S.
2) The EU will buy more soybeans from the U.S.
3) The EU will help us reform the WTO with respect to punishing China
4) The EU will help adjust regulations to allow US medical devices to be traded more easily in European markets.
4.5) US import tariffs of 25% on steel and 10% on aluminium, imposed in March, will remain in place

EU gets:
1) No tariff on autos

Both sides get:
1) Zero tariffs, zero non-tariff barriers, and zero subsidies on non-auto industrial goods

Look like a good deal. Shit, Trump needs to start threatening tariffs more often.... oh wait.

You realise none of this shit has happened right? Most likely it won't. Trump is a joke.

urvile

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2017
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-white-house-meeting-flashcards-a8467051.html

"The pair met at the White House earlier this week for trade negotiations and Mr Juncker used cards with simple language and easy-to-understand explanations, according to a senior EU official who was at the meeting and spoke to the Wall Street Journal. "

"European Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker reportedly used brightly coloured flash cards to explain international trade to US president Donald Trump. "
"The EU official’s description of ‘dumbing things down’ for Mr Trump joins with his critics’ perception that he is not the most academic of presidents interested in nuances of diplomacy or crucial details of domestic policies. "

You have to understand that all the EU is interested in doing is getting into trade negotiations so they can stall.

Also this is what the Europeans think of Donald J. Trump. He is just an idiot that they have to placate until he gets voted out.

You tell them though speedy.

Last edited:

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
How do you explain the 12 billion in subsidies to US farmers then?

Fake news?

You must understand that it's a win-win situation for Trump. If the farmers stop farming there is lots of land suddenly available for new golf courses!

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
I am amazed at how many high level experts P&N has about soy bean futures, farming and trade with the EU. who knew.?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Coming from an expert on that.

Actually its just a matter of reading good journalism. There is a reason you and your buddies are so misinformed about multiple topics, you rely on shitty sources who tell you what you want to hear and not the facts.

Last edited:

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I am amazed at how many high level experts P&N has about soy bean futures, farming and trade with the EU. who knew.?
the farmers themselves have said that it takes years to build market's, once China finds alternative's to US soybeans they will have little motivation to go back. It could also spur investment into China expanding it's own soybean production and they have plenty of cash to do that as well.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Huh. That explains why Toyota Tacomas are so overpriced. Only useful thing I got from this post.

Mar 11, 2004

I'm amazed at how often you seem to want to go out of your way to show that you can't be bothered to actually get informed about a topic at all but damn sure want to add your two cents of ignorance.

At least you actually went ahead and got a fitting username, it seems ever so fitting with your posts in this subforum.

Coming from an expert on that.

I know you think you said something fiendishly clever but you just said a simple statement that perfectly explains why your username should be brandonbullshitforbrains. That you view actually learning about a topic when "discussing" it as a reason to chide someone, well that does explain a lot.

Mar 11, 2004
This is hilarious just how stupid Trump was at the meeting. .

https://amp.businessinsider.com/trump-trade-tariffs-eu-colorful-cards-2018-7#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

'It had to be very simple': The EU reportedly used colorful flash cards to explain trade policy to Trump

They should just get him one of those...what were they called? The ones where it has the arrow that spins around when you pull the chord and it then spins until it lands on an animal and then it goes "the cow goes mooo". Or dangle a set of keys in front of him and get him a pacifier (or I guess considering how much he talks out of his ass it'd be a butt plug).

Yet he's still more intelligent than a large amount of his supporters. Let that sink in.