Trump banned from Twitter permanantly

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
And I suppose you still think Trump thinks white supremacists are fine people, right?

Which White Supremacists?

The rich ones in business suits? Yes he still thinks they are fine people, especially if they make big donations, or repeat his lies on Fox news.

The poor ones living in their parents basements, that join groups of other loser basement dwelling white supremacists groups like the "Proud Boys"? Trump never thought they were fine people. He thought they were a useful mob of low class idiot thugs he could control with a few whistles, and he was correct.

• Haha
Reactions: blackangst1

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Retract what?
You claimed he did not say that in his speech and I was taking it from something else, then saying I am ‘better than that’.

It was in fact from his speech, which I directly quoted from your own links that you clearly did not read.

You should retract the false statement.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
And I suppose you still think Trump thinks white supremacists are fine people, right?

You are trying way too hard here. That should show you why your points are disingenuous, at best. You continue to show me why I have you on ignore. Thanks for the continued reminder.

Reactions: blackangst1

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Wheres the call to violence? Or does strength mean violence?

Insisting on a literal call to violence in that speech is a red herring.

Trump spent months spinning the narrative that the election would be rigged if he lost. When he did lose, he immediately made the false claims that he really won by a "landslide," and that the Democrats stole the election through widespread fraud. Even in that speech, he not only repeated those false claims of fraud, he emphasized how he considered them a horrible travesty, portrayed the Democrats as ready to commit vile acts (like taking down the Lincoln memorial), and even asked Pence to violate the Constitution.

In other words, he spent a large chunk of 2020 and the first week of 2021 inciting violence, convincing his faithful that democracy itself was under attack unless he got his way. The mention of "peacefully" is more like a legal cover-your-ass phrase — if anything, it suggests he knew his supporters could turn violent.

Let's not forget that Trump stalled on the National Guard response, that the majority of his first video statement was spent whining about false fraud allegations, and that the second video was obviously the product of his advisors and lawyers urging an actual condemnation of the riot. Trump clearly didn't think the incursion was a serious problem.

Has Trump done enough to lead to a criminal conviction for incitement? No, that would require a literal call for violence. But does it rise to an impeachable offense that could get him removed from office? Absolutely. The riot is explicitly Trump's fault, even if he didn't say "storm the Capitol."

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
So Amazon responded to Parlers lawsuit with post after post on Parler. Every single post the filed with the court qualifies as felony terroristic threats. Some could qualify as conspiracy to commit insurrection and sedition.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I couldnt give two shits. I often, even here, have said Trump should stay off Twitter. Its not Trump's ban that concerns me, its why allow one person to say something yet not another? Surely you dont think Trump's Tweets are worse than Khomeini's? Seriously? And I also dont give two two shits...Trump did not make those people terrorize the capital. Sorry. Thats their doing.

Shit, then why the fuck was Charles Manson ever arrested? That is so fucking unfair. You've now successfully argued that cult leaders are not responsible for the actions that they demand of their cult. Guess we should posthumously exonerate Manson.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

As an admitted, proud white supremacist, Trump likely thinks they are fine people.

Why wouldn't he? lol that you think he isn't a white supremacist.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Apparently all of the corporations, states, action committees, certain GOP politicians with at least one testicle remaining that see Trump for what he is and his blatant, obvious, direct incitements to violence must be wrong, because blackangst "doesn't see it."

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
He knew exactly what he was doing and choose his words carefully. It's what every experienced criminal does. They do this to keep their own hands clean and so somebody else takes the fall. Look at how many people around him have fallen. I've seen it before in my own life.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Twitter's ban may have actually calmed the situation. Trump has no easy means to incite his base. It may have also saved Trump from himself.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
He knew exactly what he was doing and choose his words carefully. It's what every experienced criminal does. They do this to keep their own hands clean and so somebody else takes the fall. Look at how many people around him have fallen. I've seen it before in my own life.
When the mob boss said ‘take care of that guy’ he could have either meant to murder him or to be really nice to him. While it’s true the guy got murdered there’s no way to know that’s what he meant so we should acquit.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
That can be interpreted a hundred different ways man. But I still dont see a clear call for violence. Have you never said "I could kill him/her" or something? (yes you have). Were you serious?
You're being obtuse at this point, just because the exact words "go trash something" were not uttered you think he's not guilty of inciting that angry mob, come on now, don't lie to yourself.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
When the mob boss said ‘take care of that guy’ he could have either meant to murder him or to be really nice to him. While it’s true the guy got murdered there’s no way to know that’s what he meant so we should acquit.

What do you mean you killed him?
You told me to push the button!
What is wrong with you?? That means I wanted you to tickle him! He liked being tickled! Aw, maaannnn.

Sorry, Boss. :(

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Shit, then why the fuck was Charles Manson ever arrested? That is so fucking unfair. You've now successfully argued that cult leaders are not responsible for the actions that they demand of their cult. Guess we should posthumously exonerate Manson.

Where did Trump demand his followers rush the capital and damage property? All I saw him say is peacefully walk.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
You're being obtuse at this point, just because the exact words "go trash something" were not uttered you think he's not guilty of inciting that angry mob, come on now, don't lie to yourself.

Sorry, but only idiots would interpret were pissed as go do violence. And as we saw, idiots did.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
You claimed he did not say that in his speech and I was taking it from something else, then saying I am ‘better than that’.

It was in fact from his speech, which I directly quoted from your own links that you clearly did not read.

You should retract the false statement.

And I corrected myself. Also, my original stement is correct. He said that in 2016.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Take the hashtag hangmikepence. Sure, Twitter banned the hashtag, but no users who posted it. Thats one example. As I mentioned, Khomeini is another.

edit: here is Twitters policy on violent threats, which Khomeini has violated several times (just go read his Twitter!). Nowhere in this policy says its only applicable to the USA.

Violent threats policy (twitter.com)

So yeah. Selective.

edit2: Twitter defends blocking Trump tweets but not Iran’s Ayatollah Khamenei (nypost.com)

uh...LOL

Yeah. OK.

The difference between calling for the overthrow of the State of Israel & genocide against Jews is apparently too subtle for you to detect. Not that you care about such distinctions except when they suit you. I mean, Trump didn't actually tell his followers to assault the Capitol, right? Not in so many words. It was all open to interpretation by the listeners Trump manipulates so well. Why are they there at all? Because Trump summoned them to "Stop the Steal!" which is an outright lie in the first place.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Twitter's ban may have actually calmed the situation. Trump has no easy means to incite his base. It may have also saved Trump from himself.

Twitter's ban definitely helped calm the situation, but Trump could still have gone live from the press room at any time and been broadcast to all major news outlets.