TRUMP admits on national TV -- " they were looking to get us for lies, for slight misstatements,’

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Then work on your communication skills before you make anymore posts.

Right. Don't blame me for your lack of understanding and reading into my every post what you want just so you can belittle and talk down to people.

I know you will never change so i don't let it bother me.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
@pcgeek11 will you clarify your statement for me? It seems that you suggest Trump is being held to a different standard than others. What differences do you see?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Right. Don't blame me for your lack of understanding and reading into my every post what you want just so you can belittle and talk down to people.

I know you will never change so i don't let it bother me.
I dont want to be a dick about this but your posts do sometimes err on the side of brevity and I can see why they would lead to a certain amount of misunderstanding.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
@pcgeek11 will you clarify your statement for me? It seems that you suggest Trump is being held to a different standard than others. What differences do you see?

Not Trump in particular. My original statement was they should all be held to the same standards. Now in the wake of that simple truthful statement I'm also getting dogged. But that is normal business here.

I will say that due to the complete distaste for Trump by many in power that they are taking every thing to the extreme. I cannot count the number of times many politicians have lied and when called out on it they pull out the old and tired " I misspoke " excuse and it is plainly accepted as nothing if you are in the favor of the powerful. If you are not in the favor of the powerful then under the bus you go.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Not Trump in particular. My original statement was they should all be held to the same standards. Now in the wake of that simple truthful statement I'm also getting dogged. But that is normal business here.

I will say that due to the complete distaste for Trump by many in power that they are taking every thing to the extreme. I cannot count the number of times many politicians have lied and when called out on it they pull out the old and tired " I misspoke " excuse and it is plainly accepted as nothing if you are in the favor of the powerful. If you are not in the favor of the powerful then under the bus you go.
Poor geek, so misunderstood.

So, deep state conspiracy is at fault? Not like Trump is a pathological liar and surrounds himself with yesmen who lie as well....go figure

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

So what should the “standard “ be?

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

There is no doubt that many people are extra primed to pick on Trump. It's hard to compare to other Presidents particularly since Trump handles any criticism so differently and produces a profuse amount of similar unfair and hostile nonsense himself. With Obama we had relentless birtherism, Dijon mustard controversy, etc. Certainly being the center of controversy for no good reason is inherent to the position. I certainly agree that the same standards should apply.

But there are also different domains of application of standards. When it comes to actual checks on appropriate governance and rule of law, the most important standard, Trump's frankly illegal acts, abuses of power, and overt choices to prevent us from having elections safe from foreign influence demand his immediate removal. I don't give a shit that he's been teased unfairly when that stuff demands attention. Really I wish he weren't. I don't find much productive social value in such teasing, and it's a massive distraction from the important reasons to challenge Trump.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Poor geek, so misunderstood.

So, deep state conspiracy is at fault? Not like Trump is a pathological liar and surrounds himself with yesmen who lie as well....go figure

He's willfully blind & desperately dishonest. President Trump blew past 10,000 lies & distortions awhile back, but it's all the other politicians who are crooked & held to a lower standard.

It's weird how Trumpsters don't have to believe a word he says to believe in Trump. Trump in their heads is entirely different than the reality of Trump. It's a quasi-religious cult of personality.

Reactions: Meghan54

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005

So, you just randomly decided to type that sentence in this thread, a thread about Trump not wanting to testify because he knows he will lie, but it had nothing to do with the Trump at all? It was just a general statement about, you know, things?

Cornbread is generally the best sort of bread.

And while we sometimes overlook politician's 'misspeaking' while under oath, we rarely, if ever, allow it for things concerning treason or rigging an Presidential election. That is the difference here, it is not that he might tell a white lie about getting a blowjob, it is that he might tell a white lie about being a Russian agent.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
View attachment 7529

You’re such a simp that it’s not even funny.

Voters may not like Trump but I doubt there's many who would say "If only she were elected I'd be so much better off now." The amount of people sad there's no Hillary presidency is probably less than the amount sad there was no Mike Dukakis presidency.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Voters may not like Trump but I doubt there's many who would say "If only she were elected I'd be so much better off now." The amount of people sad there's no Hillary presidency is probably less than the amount sad there was no Mike Dukakis presidency.

Do you want to start a poll on this? If not, I'll volunteer. I don't think the results will line up with your predictions, but hey that's why we gather evidence for things. Personally, I feel certain I'd be better off. Probably not financially, particularly in the tax department, but not by much, and I suspect this is more of a short-term gain with long-term trade-offs. I can't think of any other way I'd possibly consider myself better off. And that matters way more to me than money. I'm making half of my nearly guaranteed potential income to work the job I want to have instead, but that's not the usual situation.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
If only they held all politicians to the same standards.

What the fuck are you on about

The only way to interpret your post is to conclude you are talking about Trump .. but the posts you are replying to would make that statement redundant.

Politicians ARE kept to the same standard .. everybody but Trump. Trump gets a pass. Much like you think you deserve a pass every thread you are in.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
What the fuck are you on about

The only way to interpret your post is to conclude you are talking about Trump .. but the posts you are replying to would make that statement redundant.

Politicians ARE kept to the same standard .. everybody but Trump. Trump gets a pass. Much like you think you deserve a pass every thread you are in.

The guy is a dishonest piece of shit hypocrite, you are simply wasting your time, we all are.