TRUMP admits on national TV -- " they were looking to get us for lies, for slight misstatements,’

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
If you tell the truth and do not lie then what is the issue??
The truth can almost always be verified, can`t it?
Where as a lie sticks out like a sore thumb....

So in essence Trumps was saying - I am not going to be interviewed because what I say will be closely dissected and will be found to be a lie!!
Agree?
Disagree?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-truth-didnt-sit-mueller-151510185.html

This was taken from the interview towards the end -- If you wish you can read the interview by clicking the above link!

Elsewhere in the interview, Stephanopoulos pressed Trump on his refusal to sit down for an interview with the special counsel under oath, asking why he only provided written answers to Mueller.

“Because they were looking to get us for lies, for slight misstatements,’ Trump replied. “I looked at what happened to people, and it was very unfair. Very, very unfair. Very unfair.”

Stephanopoulos, meanwhile, noted that even in his written responses, Trump didn’t answer on the subject of obstruction, wondering aloud if the president was concerned about being prosecuted once he leaves office. After claiming he “answered a lotta questions,” Trump took issue with the anchor for stating that he didn’t address obstruction.

“Look, George, you're being a little wise guy, okay, which is, you know, typical for you,” Trump sneered before falling back to his familiar “no collusion” retort.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
His own personal attorney made a habit of having another attorney present when he would meet with Err Furor so it would be two against one when he would lie to them. His attorneys have always sought to keep him from being interviewed by Mueller's team because they know he would lie his ass off about everything he was asked about. He is so used to saying shit and having people swallow it so they can suck up to him, his greatness and his cash that he can't risk being interviewed by someone who doesn't swallow. He's a pathological liar and a narcissist who has no need for reality because he creates his own and has people to make it happen for him. Only now he has a private 'news' organization, a both-sides media, plus a political party and their base at his disposal to make his reality happen. But that pesky law stuff keeps nibbling at him because it hasn't bent to his will.

Yet... Mitch the Bitch and the Republican party are working on 'fixing' that.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
If Bill Clinton was held to the standards Trump has established, not only would he not have been impeached, he'd never have personally answered any questions...for Ken Starr or Congress.

And if birds carried .45's birds wouldn't screw with them.

Reactions: Challenger

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Keep on Womping................................

Sure, keep on supporting a verifiable pathological liar. It's normalized behavior now, thanks conservatives...but wait...weren't conservatives all about that moral fortitude? lol...

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
How is holding all politicians to the same standard supporting Trump?

Do you think they should have different standards for different politicians?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
HUH? WHUH? lol....

No, I don't vote Republican for a reason.

He's stuck in a loop and doesn't even realize it! Lol.

He wants all politicians held to the same standard he thinks trump is being held to but realizes trump isn't being held to any standard. Logic fail. Error! Error!

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

He wants all politicians held to the same standard he thinks trump is being held to but realizes trump isn't being held to any standard. Logic fail. Error! Error!

Its certainly not surprising, sad though.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
If you tell the truth and do not lie then what is the issue??
The truth can almost always be verified, can`t it?
Where as a lie sticks out like a sore thumb....

So in essence Trumps was saying - I am not going to be interviewed because what I say will be closely dissected and will be found to be a lie!!
Agree?
Disagree?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-truth-didnt-sit-mueller-151510185.html

This was taken from the interview towards the end -- If you wish you can read the interview by clicking the above link!

Elsewhere in the interview, Stephanopoulos pressed Trump on his refusal to sit down for an interview with the special counsel under oath, asking why he only provided written answers to Mueller.

“Because they were looking to get us for lies, for slight misstatements,’ Trump replied. “I looked at what happened to people, and it was very unfair. Very, very unfair. Very unfair.”

Stephanopoulos, meanwhile, noted that even in his written responses, Trump didn’t answer on the subject of obstruction, wondering aloud if the president was concerned about being prosecuted once he leaves office. After claiming he “answered a lotta questions,” Trump took issue with the anchor for stating that he didn’t address obstruction.

“Look, George, you're being a little wise guy, okay, which is, you know, typical for you,” Trump sneered before falling back to his familiar “no collusion” retort.

"If you tell the truth and do not lie then what is the issue??"

I presume you always waive your 6th amendment rights on principle then, since "if you tell the truth" it's not an issue, right?

As for Trump, since Dems proved they don't care about things like lying under oath (see Clinton, Bill) they should make a public statement they won't impeach him for "lies or slight misstatements."

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

I presume you always waive your 6th amendment rights on principle then, since "if you tell the truth" it's not an issue, right?

As for Trump, since Dems proved they don't care about things like lying under oath (see Clinton, Bill) they should make a public statement they won't impeach him for "lies or slight misstatements."
Dems are consistent. They don't care if Trump lies about the whore and the playmate. Not an impeachable offense.

Reactions: Meghan54

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

You Republicans are beating a dead horse. Fox brings up Hillary at every opportunity and Bill when they get tired of bringing up Hillary!
You all have nothing better to use to defend TRUMP?
You all are grasping for straws in order to make TRUMP look like he`s not a blooming idiot!

Nov 29, 2006
It's really a catch 22 for him. Stop lying and you wont get called a liar. Keep lying and get called a liar. Their is a very easily solution to this.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

So what you are saying is that Republicans don't have any principals or morals of their own, they simply follow everyone else?

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Reactions: Meghan54

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

Nice try, but that isn't correct.