Trump Admin wants 1/2 billion dollars in virus relief bill to remodel West Wing

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Yes I knew this. I didn't know the exact figures, but it's common knowledge that T as POTUS is golfing at a far greater rate than Obama did.

The exact numbers.

Obama played 98 rounds of golf through this point in his presidency, according to data provided to CNN by Mark Knoller, a veteran CBS News White House correspondent who is known for tracking presidential activities. By contrast, Knoller said, Trump has spent all or part of 248 days at a golf course.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
He's trying to get this in so that Biden will be deprived of time in the White House and force him and his staff to work out of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.
He's spent the past 4 years building up a portfolio of "action shots" in the White House and is waiting to cash in to start selling "Trump branded" Presidential crap.

He views the next president as a competitor to trump branded presidential merchandise and wants to disrupt the next presidents ability to mess with his merchandise.

True story

In the unlikely event that he scams a way to be reelected, you will see this get punted to 2025.
Yeah right, he'd move all WH operations to Mar-a-lago for the duration.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Seriously, if it would’ve gotten the bill passed, I would't care. But, nah, takes time to work out a plan that looks like it helps the little guy while actually lining the pockets of the rich and powerful.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So he's finally going for that big ass gold plated Trump Logo that he's going to hang over the front portico huh?

I remember a while ago he called the White House "a real dump".

Found it:

From Time: https://time.com/4884923/white-house-donald-trump-dump/

When the story broke in Golf magazine yesterday that President Donald Trump had told some golf partners, “That White House is a real dump,” many people expressed dismay, but the maids, butlers, plumbers, chefs, painters and dozens of other staff who make the White House run every day were appalled.
Though Trump’s office denied the comment to Golf (a Time Inc. publication), one former longtime staffer told me, “Any man or woman who cannot appreciate the history and significance of the White House Residence does not deserve to live there!” Another said, “It’s a terrible slap in the face to the hard-working, dedicated staff that keeps the Executive Residence spotless, and it is always kept in perfect condition!”

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But the one policy that Trumpity Dumpity decides to keep from Obama is the security fence upgrade.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
"hey, this guy has a long history of not paying contractors, many of who went out of business because of it, I want a piece of that action"
You also know that greens initial thought was “I can grift that money”