Discussion Trump 2024

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
There are so, so many caveats to Trump mounting a 2024 run that it seems like wishful thinking at best.

There's the simple question of him surviving until 2024. He has terrible health habits, and we don't know how much COVID-19 has affected his life expectancy. That and it's pretty clear he's far from his prime... as much as the right likes to lie about Biden's cognitive skills, Trump's the one who's clearly falling apart.

And of course, it's not certain that Trump will be a free man by 2024. If New York nails him on criminal charges in a timely manner, he may be watching the 2024 election from a prison cell.

There's also the simple matter of whether or not he stands a chance. He's been losing support for a while — that's not likely to get better after four years, especially when a Biden term would likely be defined by marked improvement (even if some of it was inevitable). "Hey, remember the bad times with a mismanaged pandemic response, social division and rampant corruption? You can have those again! Trump 2024!"

Reactions: Ken g6 and tweaker2

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Assuming he's not in jail, or at the best in heated legal battles, he won't "fade away". He's going to continue to spew his ignorance and hatred. TrumpTV will soon follow. His cult will embrace ever word that drips from his mouth and his Twitter feed. They will become more and more radicalized.
As the president it's impossible to get away from him.

Once he's no longer president it will be very easy to get away from him just like it was pre-president.

Reactions: shortylickens

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
If the Democrats increase their majority in the house, take the senate, and win the presidency the GOP will run from trump and do everything they can to pretend the last four years didn’t happen.

Their voters won't, they still adore their Dear Leader. If he's alive and able to wipe his own ass in 2024 I think he's running whether or not he wins this election. Trump doesn't give two shits about the Republican party and would happily rip it in two just fuck them if they try to stand in his way in 2024. Wouldn't be surprised to see him run 3rd party if he can't get the GOP nomination then.

Reactions: NTMBK

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Their voters won't, they still adore their Dear Leader. If he's alive and able to wipe his own ass in 2024 I think he's running whether or not he wins this election. Trump doesn't give two shits about the Republican party and would happily rip it in two just fuck them if they try to stand in his way in 2024. Wouldn't be surprised to see him run 3rd party if he can't get the GOP nomination then.

Oh, a third-party run would be... amusing. It'd likely fracture the right and give Dems a better chance of winning, at least at the federal level.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'd really like to see him campaigning for his old job from a jail cell in order to get out of there, although I do wonder what Putie will do to prevent Trump from turning on him as part of a leniency deal.

Knowing Trump over these past years, I can see him burning whomever he needs to in order to stay out of prison. Yes, he's just that kind of guy.

Whatever happens to him once out from the shelter of office, I can see his supporters brainstorming all manner of reasons for why he lost, why he was so enamored with Putin as well as those other dictators he's admired and why he simply couldn't keep his trap shut when it came time to keep his own ass out of trouble.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'd really like to see him campaigning for his old job from a jail cell in order to get out of there, although I do wonder what Putie will do to prevent Trump from turning on him as part of a leniency deal.

Knowing Trump over these past years, I can see him burning whomever he needs to in order to stay out of prison. Yes, he's just that kind of guy.

Whatever happens to him once out from the shelter of office, I can see his supporters brainstorming all manner of reasons for why he lost, why he was so enamored with Putin as well as those other dictators he's admired and why he simply couldn't keep his trap shut when it came time to keep his own ass out of trouble.

Well the good news is if he is in a jail cell he can't run or be President ever again (felony charges). He won't even be able to vote as the GOP suppresses that too (though I'm sure they will happily change their tune to whatever is in their benefit)

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
I don't think it's going to end well for Trump. When it becomes apparent that he is unable to repay his debts his creditors will not take it lightly. These aren't the kind of people that let you get away with stealing their money, unlike the American populace.

Last edited:

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I think it's unlikely but not entirely impossible that he would run again if he loses. Perhaps what is more likely is one of his shithead kids runs

The biggest problem I see the GOP has is breaking away from him when such a high portion of the base is acting like cult followers for Trump. It's not the same as when say Romney lost and everybody just moves on to the next person I also don't know how aggressive Biden will be in prosecuting Trump, probably not very based on past history, so he may just linger around as a sore loser seeking to spoil the party for everyone.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Oh, a third-party run would be... amusing. It'd likely fracture the right and give Dems a better chance of winning, at least at the federal level.

Which is why I expect the GOP elite would swallow their pride and accept him as candidate again. If the alternative is a Trump 3rd party run, better to have him inside the tent pissing out.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Which is why I expect the GOP elite would swallow their pride and accept him as candidate again. If the alternative is a Trump 3rd party run, better to have him inside the tent pissing out.

Mind you, it feels like the GOP would be damned either way — even among regular Republican voters, Trump part II would be a tougher sell. And a lot can happen in four years.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
trump is also threatening to leave the country if he loses but i don't think most of our allies would take him after how he treated them, only ones that would are russia or brazil and NK maybe.
Being a racist, (Trump, that is) he is not going to Brazil or NK.

Mandres

Jun 8, 2011
The moment fox news stops fellating him 24/7 the support of "his" base will disappear like a fart in the wind.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I sincerely doubt that. He will be tarred as a loser and may very well end up indicted. Not to mention he’s already showing signs of dementia now, in four more years who knows how advanced it will be.

Yup, I like my Presidents to be winners and especially not some kind or another of prisoner. It would be like voting for McCain.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I think there will be a Trump running in 2024, but it's not going to be Donny.
Thats the scary part.
If someone as imbecile as donny can do this with that platform, give it one maybe 2 cycles before someone "compentent" does a re-run.
Thats where scary starts.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I don't thibk it's going to end well for Trump. When it becomes apparent that he is unable to repay his debts his creditors will not take it lightly. These aren't the kind of people that let you get away with stealing their money, unlike the American populace.
so.....novichokked?

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'm thinking if he loses the cult will melt away rapidly. After all there were very few admittedly Nazis in Germany at the end of WWII-they were all secretly opposed to Hitler.

Of course he will still be nonstop blathering.