Discussion Trump 2024

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
If Trump loses in 2020, I think he's going to run again. Spend two years shouting about how the election was a fraud and suing the pants off the Democrats, refusing to ever admit that he lost, get his base whipped up into a righteous frenzy, and then win the Republican primary again.

Hell, he could even win the general election. If Biden has to spend 4 years cleaning up Trump's mess, the economy is probably still going to be in the shitter.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
He's too much of a narcissist to risk it. He'll complain until he dies about the media lying about him, a rigged election, and the virus. He also tweet about how amazing he was and claim responsibility for everything positive that Biden does. So, he's not even going to go away, but I really don't think he'll run. Now, maybe Don Jr or Ivanka....

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I think Trump is going to fade away quickly in 2021 once he's out of the office. No one would care what he is blabbing about on Twitter right now if he was not POTUS. Once he isn't no one will care.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I think Trump is going to fade away quickly in 2021 once he's out of the office. No one would care what he is blabbing about on Twitter right now if he was not POTUS. Once he isn't no one will care.

I think I agree with this. He's already reaching irreverence now arguably. He can say all kinds of shit at these pressers and everybody just rolls their eyes.

Now for the GOP he's helped make their primary voters even more insane to the level that we're going to have Q believers in congress soon. Eventually this risks more people fleeing the party and a broad loss of power like we've seen on the state level when the state GOP goes all in on the crazy (Virginia being a recent relevant example).

Nereus77

Dec 30, 2016
I hope he'll go from court trial to court trial and we just watch him age 20 years over that 4 year period....

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I sincerely doubt that. He will be tarred as a loser and may very well end up indicted. Not to mention he’s already showing signs of dementia now, in four more years who knows how advanced it will be.

Reactions: Ken g6
Feb 4, 2009
If Trump loses in 2020, I think he's going to run again. Spend two years shouting about how the election was a fraud and suing the pants off the Democrats, refusing to ever admit that he lost, get his base whipped up into a righteous frenzy, and then win the Republican primary again.

Hell, he could even win the general election. If Biden has to spend 4 years cleaning up Trump's mess, the economy is probably still going to be in the shitter.

maybe and maybe not. Depends, I still truly believe he never wanted to win and doesn’t want to be President but who knows it is likely he enjoys all the ass kissing and all the special treatment and pampering he gets.
Got a feeling a 2024 run would be like the Bernie 2020 run, he is just getting too old.
Sorry Bro’s don’t hate me.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
OP is a real downer. ;) Very little chance of this happening. Doubt Republicans would let it happen twice.

Then again maybe this would kill this Republican Party permanently so full steam ahead.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Plus Trumps brother just passed and that does not bode well for longevity in Trumps family!
I see Trump passing of obeisty----oops natural causes.....

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
IF he loses it means America finally wised up to his crap. He wont have a comeback in 2024. And lets be honest, given how senile he is today, you really think he'll be fit to run in 2024?

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
i'd say there's a better chance of it being Jr in 2024 and what a joke that would be.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
trump is also threatening to leave the country if he loses but i don't think most of our allies would take him after how he treated them, only ones that would are russia or brazil and NK maybe.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
He doesn’t want to be president now, so why would he want to be president later?

His narcissism can’t handle the negativity of being president so I see very little desire from him to be president again.

The rallies though... those feed his ego tremendously so I’m sure he’ll figure out a reason to keep doing them.

Reactions: pmv

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I have faith in the ability of the Republican Party to find someone even worse. A more obvious personality disorder, even less capable of formulating a coherent English sentence, still more philistine...
Maybe not 2024 but before long we'll be coming out with sentences starting "at least Trump didn't..."

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
If the Democrats increase their majority in the house, take the senate, and win the presidency the GOP will run from trump and do everything they can to pretend the last four years didn’t happen.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
If the Democrats increase their majority in the house, take the senate, and win the presidency the GOP will run from trump and do everything they can to pretend the last four years didn’t happen.

I'm sure that the elites will. But the elites wanted Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio back in 2016... If Trump can convince the Republican base to give him another run, there's not a lot the elites can do to stop him.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Assuming he's not in jail, or at the best in heated legal battles, he won't "fade away". He's going to continue to spew his ignorance and hatred. TrumpTV will soon follow. His cult will embrace ever word that drips from his mouth and his Twitter feed. They will become more and more radicalized.

Reactions: soundforbjt