Truck of the year 2003, Volvo X90

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Too bad I care about looks in a car... I personally think it's not too pleasing on the eyes.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser
Volvo X90

Volvo X90 is the 2003 Truck of the year in the SUV class.

The Motor Trend awards are just for show. They always go to new cars that may not have even been released yet. I'm not sure Motor Trend even tests them.

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: BDawg
Volvo X90

The Motor Trend awards are just for show. They always go to new cars that may not have even been released yet. I'm not sure Motor Trend even tests them.

If they didn't test it someone has to have mad photoshop skills.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Volvo X90

My dad's RX-7 was Motor Trend car of the year when he bought it, and I know the Supra Turbo was a better car. Two years ago, the XTerra won truck of the year. There are plenty better than that.

And tell me that the Volvo is a more capable SUV than the H2. Car and Driver would disagree.

bolido2000

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Motor Trend car/truck of the year awards are a joke.
C&D recently did a comparo and the VW touareg whoop everyones arse.

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: NFS4
REPOST!

How can it be a REPOST when it was just announced. See your last post in your thread.
That was the prize I was looking for but I only found the link from motortrend.

Sorry to have hurt your feelings. ;)

Aug 16, 2001
Volvo X90

My dad's RX-7 was Motor Trend car of the year when he bought it, and I know the Supra Turbo was a better car. Two years ago, the XTerra won truck of the year. There are plenty better than that.

And tell me that the Volvo is a more capable SUV than the H2. Car and Driver would disagree.

The H2 is just a freak. Chevy Tahoe with new bodystyle more or less. Fugly IMHO.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Volvo X90

The H2 is just a freak. Chevy Tahoe with new bodystyle more or less. Fugly IMHO.

It's way different than the Tahoe. I believe they stretched the Tahoe frame by a decent bit and then added a lot more travel in the wheels. Car and Driver says the only SUV or truck that out performs it is the H1.

Yes, it is a freak, but it's a better SUV than the Volvo. Not that I have anything against the Volvo, I'd sure like one, but it's not the best SUV out there.

It seems that ever year, they give the award to whatever new or redesigned car that out there.

Aug 16, 2001
Volvo X90

It's way different than the Tahoe. I believe they stretched the Tahoe frame by a decent bit and then added a lot more travel in the wheels. Car and Driver says the only SUV or truck that out performs it is the H1.

Yes, it is a freak, but it's a better SUV than the Volvo. Not that I have anything against the Volvo, I'd sure like one, but it's not the best SUV out there.

It seems that ever year, they give the award to whatever new or redesigned car that out there.

Probably true for off-road, but a SUV is also supposed to be driven on the road and parked somewhere. It's just to much IMO.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Originally posted by: NFS4
REPOST!

So after you posted this, you had to run and find your old thread (besides linking to it), which had not been replied to since Thanksgiving and add another useless link to it in order to bump it up to the top.

We now have 2 threads about this truck on the front page.

Why?
rolleye.gif

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Volvo X90

I agree.. the H2 is much more capable for impressing your upper middle class neighbors.