Trouble with Windows Logo Testing & DirectX Install

Flightsim

May 24, 2002
Every time I try to install DirectX 9.0c in Windows XP Home, it starts to install for awhile before displaying this message:

"The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.... This sofware will not be installed".

After the message displays, the installation process stops. Obviously, DirectX 9.0c is widely used and compatible with Windows XP. This doesn't just happen with DirectX either though, I've seen this message before when I try to install things like updated video card drivers. Usually with most drivers, I can just continue with the installation and ignore it by clicking the ?continue anyway? option that pops up- but not with DirectX. So my question is, why am I geting this message and how can I get rid of or work around it? I've already gone to the device manager settings under the control panel and selected the option to ignore Windows Logo testing and allow the installation of all software, but I still get the message and DirectX won't finish installing. My current version of DirectX is 9.0b. Thanks for any advice.

Flightsim

May 24, 2002
shawn130c-

Thanks for the info, you're a lifesaver. I tried some of the methods listed on that website and it worked! After posting my question at several other forums and not receiving any help I was about ready to give up and try re-installing windows.