Troops Back From Iraq Confirm Weapons Of Mass Destruction Hurled At Them Everyday

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nietzscheusw

Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: Nietzscheusw
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
2-15-2004 Troops not sold on war

Troops from a Gainesville-based reserve unit are as divided as civilians about whe-ther Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, and whether those weapons threatened the United States.

The issue looms over President Bush's re-election bid in November. Voters will include soldiers who have returned from the Iraqi war.

The number of troops back from the Middle East increased Saturday with the 98 members of the 802nd Ordnance Company, a U.S. Army Reserve unit based in Gainesville. Some say they are not sure of why troops were sent so far.

"I wonder about Bush's motive," said Staff Sgt. Larry Young of South Carolina.

"I'm skeptical of the whole military," she said. "I've done my time. It's time to get out."

But Sgt. Kevin Thompson, 22, of South Carolina said he was glad the unit was there during the war.

"During the war, we had Scud missile attacks every day," he said.

Are you blaming Kevin for getting drunk?
C'mon! He's back home from the war!
Blame the "journalist" who cannot tell a drunken soldier from a sober one!
Journalism 101: Get drunk!
Journalism 102: Do not interview someone when you are drunk!
Journalism 103: Do not interview someone who is drunk!

Do you have proof of this "Drunkedness"? Just like Ann Coulter has "Proof" Max Cleland was drunk with his buddies and blew himself up with that grenade?

Are you trying to get me to write that he was not drunk, but that the war turned him into a paranoid?
Then what can we blame the "journalist" for? Absolutely wanting to write the two sides of the story even though there is only one?
Now where does all this lead us to? Powell is paranoid as well? Bush too?
My god, it is too horrible, I gotta leave this thread, it is getting too disturbing!