Troop Rotation . . a Little Strange . . . .

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Well now, Just got a call from my son's wife - he's on the ground in Ft. Campbell.
I had told my wife last Thursday that we should hear somrthing good by Sunday.

I don't think she knew where he was until he called from on base to tell her he was back.
She got to visit with him for only about 1/2 an hour, then he had to go to a de-brefing.

After a couple hours he gets to leave base and spend 72 hours with her, then
he has to return to duty for a week of training, evaluation, and more de-brefing
before he gets to take his 30 days leave, and get back into the "Stateside mode".

So I'm sitting here trying to figure how to fit my schedule into his schedule
without pre-empting what he needs to do - so We'll try to get together within
the next 2 weeks. We held the forth-coming Friday, Saturday, & Sunday open,
but after his 72 hours - starting today, he'll be back into the mix on Thursday,
so that would be a week from Thursday before he has time for anything after his wife.

I'll work on getting him to come here and tour the plant and see the new fighters in progress.
We've got F-16's everywhere, and the new JSF (F-35) is on a static display in the assembly area.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
That's a lot of "de-briefing". Does he get to write a letter to the editor about what a great job Bush is doing? Or, are they telling them to be careful what they say to the press? Or , what?

Seems kinda' cruel to bring him home and then not let him take leave immediately. That was the gig when I was in....

-Robert

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Well now, Just got a call from my son's wife - he's on the ground in Ft. Campbell.
I had told my wife last Thursday that we should hear somrthing good by Sunday.

I don't think she knew where he was until he called from on base to tell her he was back.
She got to visit with him for only about 1/2 an hour, then he had to go to a de-brefing.

After a couple hours he gets to leave base and spend 72 hours with her, then
he has to return to duty for a week of training, evaluation, and more de-brefing
before he gets to take his 30 days leave, and get back into the "Stateside mode".

So I'm sitting here trying to figure how to fit my schedule into his schedule
without pre-empting what he needs to do - so We'll try to get together within
the next 2 weeks. We held the forth-coming Friday, Saturday, & Sunday open,
but after his 72 hours - starting today, he'll be back into the mix on Thursday,
so that would be a week from Thursday before he has time for anything after his wife.

I'll work on getting him to come here and tour the plant and see the new fighters in progress.
We've got F-16's everywhere, and the new JSF (F-35) is on a static display in the assembly area.

I toured the f-16 factory a few years ago. A truely impressive place.