Triumph on Space Ghost

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: weirdichi
Originally posted by: weirdichi
aww.. i don't have kazaa on here though.. :(

I'll get it tomorrow. ZZzz...

K.. that was weird.. I must've quoted myself? Hit the wrong button. Time for sleep apparently...

That's happened to me a few times today as well. I think the forum is acting up...

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
thanks, i totally forgot about adult swim tonight. replay will catch it and sealab in a couple hours

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Turin39789
haha found it

So it's you that's d/ling it? Maybe I should cancel it.... :evil: j/k, enjoy man! Sorry about the low amount of bandwidth but my upload is capped at only 256k :( I'll have to find somewhere to host it tomorrow when I get back from school.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Balt
How large is the file?

488MB/11 minutes If you've got a decent connection it shouldn't take too terribly long to d/l it. Would be a lot quicker but as stated before, my conn is capped @ 256k up. It's actually higher than DVD quality but it's capped off of tv (duh) so it won't really matter anyway. I should change my capture options to a lower resolution so these files aren't so huge...
If anyone who d/l's the file from me would be so kind as to share the file on Kazaa that would help alleviate the bandwidth problem.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Just bringing this back to the top for the morning/afternoon crowd as I'm sure hardly anyone at all has seen this yet. The file is still available on Kazaa, if anyone wants it. I've got to make a trip down to school in a few minutes here but once I get back I'll upload the file to a torrent server or some such.

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
that was a funny episode last night
i cant believe they were saying some of the stuff they said.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: gistech1978
that was a funny episode last night
i cant believe they were saying some of the stuff they said.

I couldn't either! That's why I decided to cap it when the repeat came on last night. That's got to be just about the funniest thing I've ever seen. For those of you that still haven't seen it, I'd highly recommend d/ling it ;)

ghostman

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2000
Damn, no kazaa here either. 488MB is a tad too big for me anyway....

If anyone grabs it and compresses it below 100MB, let me know!

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: ghostman
Damn, no kazaa here either. 488MB is a tad too big for me anyway....

If anyone grabs it and compresses it below 100MB, let me know!

Argh! Fine, I'll compress it to lower quality when I get back from school in an hour or two.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
^TTT^
I'm encoding the file into vcd format right now, and it should only be a bit over 100MB so that should be easier for everyone to d/l. I'll have it up on Kazaa in a few minutes, and then I'll go looking for a torrent site to upload to.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Ok, the file is up on Kazaa now and weighs in at just over 100MB. Surprisingly there was very little loss of quality converting to vcd format (playable in virtually any media player) other than the fact the native resolution has been downsized to 352x240. Running the video fullscreen provides nearly the same quality as the previous 488MB mpeg4 file. The file is under the name "Space Ghost Triumph Interview Jan 12" and can be found under the same keywords as the previous one. I'm gonna go look for a torrent site to upload to now.
ENJOY!

Redviffer

Oct 30, 2002
Hmm, I'm not finding it either, what version of Kazaa are you using? Maybe that could be a reason. Me-> kazaalitek++ 2.4.2

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Redviffer
Hmm, I'm not finding it either, what version of Kazaa are you using? Maybe that could be a reason. Me-> kazaalitek++ 2.4.2

Klite++ 2.4.3 here. Dunno what to tell you guys... It's definitely there.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
could someone compress it to something like 10-20 megs, something reasonable and then post it on a webpage?

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Originally posted by: LordSnailz
I could provide some BW if needed, the best would be a torrent file.

Bitottenrt has not worked for me lately. Do I need to upgrade to a new version or chaneg some sort of settign or what?

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Czar
could someone compress it to something like 10-20 megs, something reasonable and then post it on a webpage?

"something reasonable ... 10-20megs" you do realize that the file was originally 490MB, correct? That's quite a bit of compression... I doubt you'd even be able to see a video that's 11 minutes long and only weighs in at 10-20megs. That would be some of the lowest quality video on the face of the earth. Please, be reasonable. I did shrink the file down to "only" 100megs and if anyone wants it it's on Kazaa (someone's d/ling from me right now in fact). I'll try to put it on suprnova again but it didn't work last time...

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
Originally posted by: Czar

"something reasonable ... 10-20megs" you do realize that the file was originally 490MB, correct? That's quite a bit of compression... I doubt you'd even be able to see a video that's 11 minutes long and only weighs in at 10-20megs. That would be some of the lowest quality video on the face of the earth. Please, be reasonable. I did shrink the file down to "only" 100megs and if anyone wants it it's on Kazaa (someone's d/ling from me right now in fact). I'll try to put it on suprnova again but it didn't work last time...

well, its actually quite easy, 490mb for 11 minutes is getting close to dv quality, insane res and insane bitrate, compressing that down to 10-20 megs is very easy, cut the res in half, lower audio quality and lower the bit rate, you wont have the same quality as before ofcorse but you would still have the same material still in very good quality

I often download demo reels from people that are perhaps 50megs in 640x480 or higher which lasts about 3-4 minutes, and notice, that is the high quality version