Question Triple monitor's on a rx 6800 xt and ryzen 7700x possible? performance?

scypheroth

Oct 5, 2012
Hey guys, i crrently have a dell 34" 1440p ultrawide monitor. and one 24" 1080p DVI monitor. I got another spare 24" 1080p DVI monitor and was wondering if it is possible to run both my 1080p monitors off my processor/motherboard alone and have my 34" ultrawide be the only one running off of my rx 6800 xt so that when i game i get the best "performance" for my games. Im only going to use the dual 1080's for youtube and web browsing. Is this possible? can i have two monitors running off the built in processor graphics? Or should i just use 1 1080p and one 1440p instead? Will running two 24" 1080p monitors off of my cpu give me low performance? Any info on this would help me decide wich path i should take. thanks!

MY PC SPECS:
-ryzen 7700x
-asus tuf B650-Plus Wifi mobo
-asus tuf LC 240 AIO watercooler
-asus tuf rx 6800 xt video card
-1TB XPG gammix s70 m.2 gen 4 drive
-32G Corsair vengance DDR5 56000MHz
-XPG Core reactor 850 watt power supply

Khanan

Aug 27, 2017
It should be possible but you can also run it over the main card, there shouldn’t be any performance degradation. If you’re talking about videos, deactivate hardware acceleration so it doesn’t interfere with the gpu while gaming. That’s what I did and solved stutters in the stream

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If it's whether or not you think the 6800XT can handle those pixels, you have nothing to worry about.

I have a 5700X + 6800XT running triple 1440p screens at about 120fps in my racing simulator right now, at high-ultra settings. Racing sims and racing games aren't too terribly demanding, tbh, but Assetto Corsa, well-modded, is maybe the most demanding of them out there? running 7680x1440 @125hz on high-ultra is pretty good, tbh.

This thing hums. Don't worry about it. All displays are through the card on 3x DP 1.4. Honestly, with your connections, you mostly have to worry about finding DVI adapters? I Did realize for the first time, maybe because I'm blind, that not all AIB cards are created equal when it comes to ports, though. If I hadn't stuck with the Red Devil/Nitro+ class, I wouldn't have the 3x DP ports that I needed, as most are 2x HDMI and 2x DP, or some other weird combination within those

Khanan

Aug 27, 2017
If it's whether or not you think the 6800XT can handle those pixels, you have nothing to worry about.

I have a 5700X + 6800XT running triple 1440p screens at about 120fps in my racing simulator right now, at high-ultra settings. Racing sims and racing games aren't too terribly demanding, tbh, but Assetto Corsa, well-modded, is maybe the most demanding of them out there? running 7680x1440 @125hz on high-ultra is pretty good, tbh.

This thing hums. Don't worry about it. All displays are through the card on 3x DP 1.4. Honestly, with your connections, you mostly have to worry about finding DVI adapters? I Did realize for the first time, maybe because I'm blind, that not all AIB cards are created equal when it comes to ports, though. If I hadn't stuck with the Red Devil/Nitro+ class, I wouldn't have the 3x DP ports that I needed, as most are 2x HDMI and 2x DP, or some other weird combination within those
Only Aorus is 2x HDMI and a few have 1 USB C instead of DP which doesn’t matter as it’s just the same usable as DP with an adapter. 5700 XT Nitro has 2x HDMI. 6000 Gen was either USB C or 3x DP + 1x HDMI. Same with PC. Aorus always went for 2x HDMI, XFX was 90% 3x DP, some more special versions had 1x USB C again, 2 DP, 1 HDMI. Asrock, same. Asus, Strix only with 1x USB C and 2 DP, 1 HDMI. Gigabyte possibly 2x HDMI.

Reactions: zinfamous

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Only Aorus is 2x HDMI and a few have 1 USB C instead of DP which doesn’t matter as it’s just the same usable as DP with an adapter. 5700 XT Nitro has 2x HDMI. 6000 Gen was either USB C or 3x DP + 1x HDMI. Same with PC. Aorus always went for 2x HDMI, XFX was 90% 3x DP, some more special versions had 1x USB C again, 2 DP, 1 HDMI. Asrock, same. Asus, Strix only with 1x USB C and 2 DP, 1 HDMI. Gigabyte possibly 2x HDMI.

ah yes, I already forget the USB C on those. Though, I'm not sure that is "the same" because I can't imagine feeling all that secure about a fat DP cable adapted down to a teeny USB C port. I like USB C fine on its own, certainly prefer it to HDMI, but DP cables are fat and heavy, especially at the connection. I also like how they lock and how secure they are.

Of course, my use case and other people like us are extremely niche, so it probably isn't something to worry about.

Reactions: Khanan