Trillion Dollar Idea: Burnt Cheese Maker

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
As a young lad, I developed a love for straight up burnt cheese.. Not black burnt, but browned. Well done may be a better term. I'm not talking about a cheese coated in breading and fried up no... I'm talking about just melting down any cheese and browning it up.

Now, I've always just used a Sandwich maker to do my burnt cheese, but its a pain because they are clearly not geared for this use. In essence, it would need to be a flat non-stick cooker, that would not overcook the cheese.

You can take this burnt cheese, and dip it in multiple types of sauce. It is good. Now, when someone makes it for me, I cant give them a trillion dollars, but I can give them the cost of the object... which I'd hope we would get an "as seen on TV" sticker, and a pricetag of $20 (plus S&H).

Ready, Go.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Chryso
I thought burnt cheese WAS sauce.

Melted cheese, perhaps... Burnt cheese can basically be eaten like any other finger food.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Yep, I love it. We used to make these browned cheese wafers for salads at a restaurant I used to work at. We were always snacking on them; so freaking good!

KT

Sumguy

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2007
I thought cheez-its taste like burnt cheese.

Which is why they are so awesome.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Yep, I love it. We used to make these browned cheese wafers for salads at a restaurant I used to work at. We were always snacking on them; so freaking good!

KT

Perhaps you are onto something here. We could open a restaurant titled "Burnt" famous for our well done items... On the menu as an appetizer would be an item known none simply as "Wafers" and would be served with three different dipping sides.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
the best part of a stouffers mac and cheese is the burnt edges

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: ElFenix
the best part of a stouffers mac and cheese is the burnt edges

That is a good part, but the rest of it has some weird effect on my digestive system that I care not to elaborate upon.

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
I used to do the same as a kid

any griddle/frying pan surface will work fine if you spray on a little Pam

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Modeps

KT

Perhaps you are onto something here. We could open a restaurant titled "Burnt" famous for our well done items... On the menu as an appetizer would be an item known none simply as "Wafers" and would be served with three different dipping sides.

Gordon Ramsay's is somewhere right now feeling a little light headed.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Squisher

KT

Gordon Ramsay's is somewhere right now feeling a little light headed.

He should, that guys a jerk!

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

KT

I like that idea, but unfortunately there are not a lot of other things that taste good once they get to that browned/burnt stage of cooking. At least I can't think of any. I'm sure we could just serve lots of cheap booze though and nobody would care about the food.

KT

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006

KT

I like that idea, but unfortunately there are not a lot of other things that taste good once they get to that browned/burnt stage of cooking. At least I can't think of any. I'm sure we could just serve lots of cheap booze though and nobody would care about the food.

KT

My dad would be a regular at that restaurant. He likes nearly everything burnt or well done

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Spooner

That's what I was thinking... electric griddle, and make note of the temperature.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
Originally posted by: Spooner

That's what I was thinking... electric griddle, and make note of the temperature.

Ok, then do that, and shrink it down. Perhaps we could also throw some "cut marks" down so they can be shaped bite sized pieces.