Tribes: Ascend has launched

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Best thing to do with the DB's Saber is to switch it out for a repair gun. That way you can repair your force field when a player dies to it :D

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Yesterday the Brute showed up as my daily deal at 70% off. WIN!!!

Perfect timing considering the Brute update went live today with new weapons and a pack. I foresee tons of Brutes on the servers for the next week or two

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
Perfect timing considering the Brute update went live today with new weapons and a pack. I foresee tons of Brutes on the servers for the next week or two

Do they now actually have unlimited chaingun ammo, or is it still just simulated unlimited chaingun ammo?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Do they now actually have unlimited chaingun ammo, or is it still just simulated unlimited chaingun ammo?

? Brute doesn't have a change gun or even an "normal" gun. The Doombringer has a chaingun, though they never had unlimited ammo.

Markbnj

Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
? Brute doesn't have a change gun or even an "normal" gun. The Doombringer has a chaingun, though they never had unlimited ammo.

Sarcasm fail on my part. I was thinking of the Doombringer. Brutes are the guys with the a2a missile that can't catch a Pathfinder.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Sarcasm fail on my part. I was thinking of the Doombringer. Brutes are the guys with the a2a missile that can't catch a Pathfinder.

LOL, the guys with the AA missles are also the doombringers. The brutes have the disco/fractal grenade

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com

Yeah, that's still the doombringer (who also has the chaingun). And the missiles have no problem smushing a pathfinder as soon as the pathfinder hits the ground. :)

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
yeah I feel bad for heavies, I can own them on my soldier if I can land a grenade.
Wait, is a fractal the one that blows up if you're nearby?

Fractal is the disco ball the brute uses for a grenade. It pushes you it it hits you and does dmg as well. Bunch of green lasers shooting all over.

Markbnj

Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
yeah I feel bad for heavies, I can own them on my soldier if I can land a grenade.
Wait, is a fractal the one that blows up if you're nearby?

The green one, as mentioned, which I still hate. Btw, has anyone else noticed how many heavies manage to drop a nade as they die. We had a guy last night all he did was suicide into the gen room and drop nades, and every time he got 2-3 people.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
The green one, as mentioned, which I still hate. Btw, has anyone else noticed how many heavies manage to drop a nade as they die. We had a guy last night all he did was suicide into the gen room and drop nades, and every time he got 2-3 people.

I read on the Hi Rez forums there is a script to drop a nade when you die. I have no idea if it is true or not but I've noticed the same thing a lot lately. Kill a person and they drop a nade. I mean when I know I'm gonna die I'll try and toss one but it isn't even close to how I've seen it happen with it dropping after they die (half the time I die in the middle of the animation and I don't end up throwing it lol)

Rambusted

Feb 7, 2012
Another nerf to plasma and the jackal, I dont know it seems like they want to force everyone to use autos. The jackal is op but the falcon isnt? or the nj5 for god sakes!! At least the jackal is a more tribes like gun than these friggin autos that every damn class is abusing. End rant, sorry continue on with whatever you guys were discussing.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I swear I hate autos. I refuse to use the secondary one on my jugg even though I have it unlocked (came up as a deal of the day for 70% off). A kill with a spinfuser is such much more satisfying.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I wont shed a tear about a nerf to the plasma gun. Fractal grenades are effing annoying.

Markbnj

Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
I swear I hate autos. I refuse to use the secondary one on my jugg even though I have it unlocked (came up as a deal of the day for 70% off). A kill with a spinfuser is such much more satisfying.

The SMG is the only thing that makes the Tech worth playing for me. I'd add in the satisfaction of repairing the base but lately that's just been frustrating. Few people defend and it ends up being me and some soldier against two heavies and an inf every time.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
The SMG is the only thing that makes the Tech worth playing for me. I'd add in the satisfaction of repairing the base but lately that's just been frustrating. Few people defend and it ends up being me and some soldier against two heavies and an inf every time.

The tech launcher isn't bad IMO for clearing personnel. Though I agree, going up against a couple heavies alone in the gen room is frustrating.

Rambusted

Feb 7, 2012

Agreed, any slower rate of fire projectile based gun is more satisfying to use but its becoming pointless as the whole game is deteriorating into a bullet hell shooter.the only mg in the former games was the chaingun and those bullets spread a lot over a distance. These mg's are dead balls accurate and the rate of fire is super high on some of em. Too many weapons overall really, but with the pay to win formula they are gonna need to keep new shit coming out for sure.