Oct 13, 1999
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156309

TRENDnet TEG-S8g 10/100/1000Mbps 8-Port Gigabit GREENnet Switch

$44.99
-$10 sale
-$10 coupon code EMCKEHK52 (exp.5/22)
FREE shipping
=$24.99

The "green" part is that I think it uses less power than switches before it. Not too big a deal considering a switch takes only a couple watts, but still nice to have a switch that doesn't heat up. Yes, I just touched mine right now. My switch! You pervert! Not that it is National Masturbation Month or anything... oh wait, it is. :awe: Anyways, my point is that my previous switches have gotten hot, and I've had them die due to heat (open up case, chips inside look scorched).

Only bad Newegg review said:
Difficult and some times buggy setup pages

What? Is he confusing this with a broadband router?

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Have 2 of these, and love them. I was waiting for a deal on another; thanks!

<edit>
Coupon code works for >1, so I picked up 2.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I have two of their other 8 port gigabit green switch, anyone know the difference? From what I can tell is that this one is plastic and only comes with a 1 year warranty instead of 5.

jrichrds

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have two of their other 8 port gigabit green switch, anyone know the difference? From what I can tell is that this one is plastic and only comes with a 1 year warranty instead of 5.

Here is a comparison chart from Trendnet:
http://trendnet.com/products/features.asp?featureid=24

It says 3 year warranty on all. The cheaper plastic version actually has double the MAC address entries size - which should be irrelevant for home office use, but found that interesting nevertheless (i.e. they're not the same internal product with different external casing).

I have both, and prefer the metal versions. The metal versions are slightly more compact too.

Status
Not open for further replies.