Treasure of Cutlass Reef

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
I really need to RMA this mobo. Computer crashed as soon as it loaded.

Edit: Twice :(

May 31, 2001
Keep firing if you get into close combat.

Wait until you have a group of ships passing each other going in opposite directions, then unload everything you have. You get them coming and going, and it really helps your accuracy bonus!

EDIT: Just hit the maximum number of upgrades on number of cannons, about to max out grape shot, too. :D

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: tranceport
I cannot seem to get past level 12 on captain difficulty. I have 282742 gold and have maxed out everything.

Can you?

http://www.randomz.net/flash.php?id=91

How much damage are you taking per battle? I have yet to take more than 300, and that was only once when I wedged myself into a corner on accident.

I just beat the level with the Poison Rain or the one after it, took only 30 damage during the whole battle from one lucky enemy shot. When the flag ship came out, I hit it with every single shot from my first 79 cannon salvo, and it still survived, lol. Took it down to about 250 armor. It never did hit me.

tranceport

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
www.thesystemsengineer.com
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteven
Originally posted by: tranceport
I cannot seem to get past level 12 on captain difficulty. I have 282742 gold and have maxed out everything.

Can you?

http://www.randomz.net/flash.php?id=91

How much damage are you taking per battle? I have yet to take more than 300, and that was only once when I wedged myself into a corner on accident.

I just beat the level with the Poison Rain or the one after it, took only 30 damage during the whole battle from one lucky enemy shot. When the flag ship came out, I hit it with every single shot from my first 79 cannon salvo, and it still survived, lol. Took it down to about 250 armor. It never did hit me.

They are swarming me at the end of twelve after the big pirate ship comes out. I have about 2 or 3 little quick ships come all the way into my territory and I cannot destroy them fast enough and I lose sailers. I end up with only 10 or so cannons being able to reload.

May 31, 2001
Just beat it, final score 350,000+. Entered my name, but it doesn't even show up on the list, all of the other high scores for Captain are 400,000+. :(

For the little swarm ships, I just get up close to one and keep unloading into it while close combat is going on. Once I sink one, I move up so I am 90 degrees to the other one and unload, or ignore it and keep focusing on the big ship.

May 31, 2001
Just ran through the final level again. Always take on the big ship (or any ships for that matter) from an angle. Don't be afraid to temporarily engage the smaller ones in close combat just to avoid their cannons. Also, keep shooting at them during close combat. Just because they bring a sword to a cannon fight doesn't mean you have to. :p

Hitting them at an angle when they are in parallel groups or turning at the side of the screen allows for maximum shot saturation.

Screenshots coming in a second.

Pirates1

Pirates2

Pirates3

Pirates4

Hail to the King, baby!

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
well i'm back...pwned them with a vengeance. i suppose all these years of being a scurvy dog have paid off :laugh: