Question Transfer large video files from China to US

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I set up a Google Drive folder and gave access to his email but it wants him to register with a phone number and it is rejecting his Chinese mobile number.

He suggested WeChat, but I'd like to avoid Chinese Spyware if possible.

What are my best options assuming his IT guys can't set up an FTP server I can access?

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
FTP or SSH FTP would be the simplest, and no need for 3rd party service or providing personal info like a phone number. Or are those protocols blocked completely in China?

HFS sounds interesting too though...

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Can they do bittorrent? I mean all that's required on their end is install a torrent client (or use a browser capable of that), then the easier route is just put it up on Pirate Bay or another then you give them the link to it, or if this is sensitive video and you have a static IP you can generate the torrent file and email that to him.

You wrote "IT Guys" though, surely somebody there has access to a working Google account to get this? If not, there are other clouds, depending on how big the files are or your willingness to split them into smaller segments as ZIP or RAR.

Obviously an FTP server is an option but I can't fathom IT guys not being able to get a Goggle Drive video so wonder if they'd be competent to do that.