Transfer files between iphone and mac via USB

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
OK this is probably the most noob question, but I've been googling and I just can't seem to find clear answers. I googled transfer files usb iphone, and I only get links to forums from five years ago telling me to download these obscure 3rd party software.

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
iExplorer will allow you to do it. What are you trying to transfer? Are you trying to use it as a USB drive?

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
I'm trying to transfer over some voice recordings so I can send them to friends. Are you telling me I need a third party software to do something so basic? That's retarded.

Feb 25, 2011
I'm trying to transfer over some voice recordings so I can send them to friends. Are you telling me I need a third party software to do something so basic? That's retarded.

How'd you make them? If it was an Apple app, you can probably sync/import in iPhoto or iTunes. If it's a third-party app, they should have their own method.

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
If you made them on the iPhone then there is either a way to extract them from within iTunes, or it supports DropBox most likely.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
A classmate is actually trying to help me with this. She did the recording with her iphone and is trying to get it on her MacBook so she could put it on my flash drive.

I'm guessing she used a built in recording software.

We were trawling through iTunes for the files. There was music, videos, pictures. We guessed it would be under music, but we couldn't find it.

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
A classmate is actually trying to help me with this. She did the recording with her iphone and is trying to get it on her MacBook so she could put it on my flash drive.

I'm guessing she used a built in recording software.

We were trawling through iTunes for the files. There was music, videos, pictures. We guessed it would be under music, but we couldn't find it.

With the iPhone connected to the computer, open iTunes. Select the iPhone from the sidebar, and then choose 'Apps' from along the top. At the bottom of the page, there is the 'File Sharing' section.

If she was using Voice Memos (the built in app) then after syncing the phone, there will be a new playlist at the bottom of the side bar 'Voice Memos'.