Tragedy threads on ATOT (Personal or otherwise)

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Yay - I like hearing about every heartwrenching tragedy that happens in your life. I like when you link to CNN threads about horrible things that people do to each other. It makes ATOT a better place.

Nay - I don't want to hear about every little tragedy that happens to you, or your baby mamas cousins girlfriends sister, or every CNN newsworthy tragedy

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: nan0bug
Yay - I like hearing about every heartwrenching tragedy that happens in your life. I like when you link to CNN threads about horrible things that people do to each other. It makes ATOT a better place.

Nay - I don't want to hear about every little tragedy that happens to you, or your baby mamas cousins girlfriends sister, or every CNN newsworthy tragedy

i dont think you should read them if you dont like them. The ATOT gods dont come down and force you to click threads that say "My father just passed away" or "7 killed in gas explosion," correct?

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: iamwiz82

i dont think you should read them if you dont like them. The ATOT gods dont come down and force you to click threads that say "My father just passed away" or "7 killed in gas explosion," correct?

Yeah, but most people here would rather bitch about something they don't like than take your advice.
rolleye.gif

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Encryptic
Originally posted by: iamwiz82

Yeah, but most people here would rather bitch about something they don't like than take your advice.
rolleye.gif

i think we should define this as a personal tragedy thread and treat it as such :p

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Good point. Im just trying to figure out why some people get their jollies by posting every single tragedy that happens to them or other people.

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001

I like threads where people coplain about stupid things and everyone cuts that person down. It makes me feel better about the world.
I also like threads about kittens and puppies.

-geoff

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Its not the personal, real tragedies that peeve me so much as the links to stuff on CNN and insignifigant crap like "I'm having my wisdom teeth removed" or "My neighbors brother's wifes cousin.....". Then you get all these people saying "oh my condolances" and you know they don't really give a crap, they're just going through the motions. Why? What ever happened to 'SFW'

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Its not the personal, real tragedies that peeve me so much as the links to stuff on CNN and insignifigant crap like "I'm having my wisdom teeth removed" or "My neighbors brother's wifes cousin.....". Then you get all these people saying "oh my condolances" and you know they don't really give a crap, they're just going through the motions. Why? What ever happened to 'SFW'

I got a paper cut today, it hurt. And my knee is sore too but I'm not sure why. I really hope it feels better soon. And the paper cut should heal itself quickly.

MistaTastyCakes

Golden Member
Oct 11, 2001

I'm with ya. People oughta be honest or quiet before spouting out thinly veiled apathy that the mores of society told em to do. If my dog dies, someone going "RIP Bow-wow" or "My condolences" really doesn't help. I know they don't care, and I know that the majority of em won't even think of it five minutes from now.

I understand why people post that stuff. People need to vent. So I guess.. "yay" to the threads, and "nay" to people pretending they give a crap. For the most part, sympathy on this board in most any form can be universally translated to "post count +1"