Traffic law experts..

Panakk

Jan 17, 2000
I received a ticket (Failure to signal) a few nights ago. On the ticket, the cop spelled my first name wrong. he also wrote me up as a White male but i'm not, i'm Indian.

Will that two mistakes void a ticket?

Edit:
Some of you f*cktards have nothing better to do that to make this a flame fest. Just to provide you few who so need it, i was in a turn only lane, which i got to in the first place by using my blinker. The cop just decided that it was a Friday night so i must have been out drinking. he proceeded to stop me, find me legally sober and then let me go with a ticket for failure to signal. So it's arguable whether i'm wrong or not.

The point of this thread is whether or not misspelled name and or wrong race constitues voidance of a traffic ticket. So let's stick to the point of this thread or else take your sh*t somewhere else.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
God dude - stop being a bitch. Do you think the traffic court Judge is going to care? You haven't refuted the claim that you failed to signal, two technicalieties won't change that.

Learn how to use your fvcking blinker.

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
Nope. Wanna know what the judge will ask? "Did you do it?" When you say "Yeah, but.." he will say "Guilty. Pay the fine."

Besides, in many places they don't go by specific ethnicity when they put the race down. For example, where I work, you are either black, or white. If you aren't black, you are white. Simple as that. Trying to judge different races is too difficult and raises too many legal concerns.

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
You know every now and then I can see why people would want to contest a ticket that they should not have gotten. But trying to get out of one because the officer wrote down the wrong race is downright ridiculous.

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Panakk
I received a ticket (Failure to signal) a few nights ago. On the ticket, the cop spelled my first name wrong. he also wrote me up as a White male but i'm not, i'm Indian.

Will that two mistakes void a ticket?

Edit:
Some of you f*cktards have nothing better to do that to make this a flame fest. Just to provide you few who so need it, i was in a turn only lane, which i got to in the first place by using my blinker. The cop just decided that it was a Friday night so i must have been out drinking. he proceeded to stop me, find me legally sober and then let me go with a ticket for failure to signal. So it's arguable whether i'm wrong or not.

The point of this thread is whether or not misspelled name and or wrong race constitues voidance of a traffic ticket. So let's stick to the point of this thread or else take your sh*t somewhere else.

Waahhhhh!!!!!

From what I've read so far, noone has posted anything remotely resembling a flame. Simply because you don't like the answer so far (which essentially boil down to, "no, you can't get out of your ticket because he wrote a few things wrong on the ticket".) doesn't mean they are flames.

Oh, and stop being a crybaby.

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
if your driver license # is correct, and the cop spelled your name wrong, addy wrong, wrong height/weight, a judge can chalk up to simple error.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Panakk
Edit:

You got your answer in 10 of the first 11 replies in this thread, and the other one was a joke (funny, but stolen). <arnold>Stop whining!</arnold>