trading my olympus SP-500 for something with SD??

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
I'm debating whether I should trade this camera on FS/FT or something.

Background: I have a canon digital rebel XT with the IS 17-85 EF-S lens, the 50mm lens and 100-300mm Tokina telephoto. Carrying it around is pretty tough in longer distances. I decided to get this one because it covers a wide range of focal length and the image quality is really nice.

I just got a GPS that takes SD cards and since my Dell DJ just died, I"ll use that as my MP3 player. It's just nice to have compatibility across the board (canon with the CF i can live with), and my laptop takes SD cards too.

Any ideas?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I moved this here because it's a camera question and you may get more responses here.

You have to be the judge of quality vs weight, which is what it comes down to. I often use a Canon f/2.8 70-200 lens with my 20D, and I go all over. Yeah it's heavy, but then there is the bag with the rest of the stuff too. If you are taking casual shots, that's one thing. If you are taking more serious work, I'd recommend the keeping what you have.

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
I guess I didn't write it too clear. I currently have both the Olympus and the Canon, and want to trade the Olympus SP500 for something that takes SD cards.