Question TP-Link UH720 USB hub issues on audio devices

xgiaime

Jun 3, 2020
Dear all,

I'm running Windows 10 Pro on an Asus Z-170A motherboard.

I just purchased the aforementioned usb hub, and tried 2 different audio devices on it (Logitech G533 wireless headphones and an old USB DAC) and they don't work, sometimes there's some crackle, sometimes the program that's playing audio freezes, sometimes the device is not recognized.

I've tried every port on both the hub and the PC (USB 2.0 on Intel usb device, USB 3.0 on Intel usb device, USB 3.1 on ASMedia usb devices - I also tried rolling back to 2018 and 2016 drivers for the ASMedia) and it still doesn't work.

Every other USB device (mouse, hdds, sticks...) works ok.

I'm asking on the forum before returning it because it works 100% flawlessy when connected to my work PC, a Dell laptop.

Am I out of luck or is there something I can try?

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I have the same issue with my hub and dac. As long as I'm not using it for audio, it works fine. I have plenty USB ports on my motherboard though, so I just moved my dac to one, and use the hub for other devices. I think some hubs are just noisey. Return yours and try a different model.

xgiaime

Jun 3, 2020
Hi, thanks for your kind answer, I guess it will be a lottery to find a usb hub without issues, so I think I'm going to keep it for non-usb audio purposes.