Toyota climbs to No. 2 surpassing Ford for world auto sales

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by: isekii
Toyota is gonna be #1 and there is nothing GM or Ford or any other company can do about it.
Toyota has a reputation of putting out good/reliable cars, while the other manufacturers were lacking.

I wouldn't be surprised if Honda beats Ford.

**cough**(fanboy)**cough**

GreenGhost

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
F-150 only in the US market, which is certainly a good slice of the pie. People still don't get that is really a global market now. If the SUV fashion were not so powerful and at the right moment, Detroit would be in trouble. Cheers to those marketing guys who convinced so many that old-tech SUV's are the best choice.

TheAudit

Diamond Member
May 2, 2003
Originally posted by: TheAudit
Toyota is gonna be #1 and there is nothing GM or Ford or any other company can do about it.
Toyota has a reputation of putting out good/reliable cars, while the other manufacturers were lacking.

The biggest seller for Ford is the F-150, Honda doesn't have a model to compete with it.

Toyota will take care of the F-150 ;)

With the Tundra? I'd take the F-150 over that.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: DougK62

**cough**(fanboy)**cough**

I actually like other models as well, I'm no fanboy. :p
Some of my favorite cars are the Aston Martin DB8 and the Vanquish.

TheAudit

Diamond Member
May 2, 2003
Personally Ford doesn't really have anything that piques my interest. I like the Aviator. The LS is alright but way over-priced and I like the S-Type. I do like their Mazda arm though.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
Oh wait, only to be surpassed by Nissan as # 1 in recalls and cheap interior. YAY!!! Well, I wish anyway. :D

Fixed your post :p

lol PWN'd
I don't think any company can beat the ford focus in recalls tho.

Correct and I thought of that after posting. It should have only mentioned chintzy interior but WE ARE AT WAR with the enemy :p

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
The Ford worldwide sales figure doesn't include Mazda, which Ford owns 33.3% of... If Mazda sales are taken into account, Toyota won't overtake Ford for the #2 spot...

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
bcyl, that isnt 50% of the company. if that were to be included, gm owns A LOT of pieces of other companies.

plus gm has a HUGE stake in OnStar which is awesome, and XM which is gunna become key later on i belive (but not to sales but liscensing, etc.)

MIKE

scorpmatt

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: bolido2000
Originally posted by: DougK62
How can you be in a car thread and not know that GM sells the most vehicles in the world?

Ford is not doing so hot, but GM is really making strides. I wonder if the day will come when GM is dethroned...

If they keep making ugly interiors. YES!!!

I would say that the bodies are fuglier than the interior, apparently they are going for the people that dig fugly things....