TOTUS is down! I repeat the TOTUS is down!!!

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Outside of being desparate to find something to smack Mr Obama, why is it important that he uses a teleprompter?

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
well at least any other politician considering using one will think twice now....

/facepalm

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Was it just in like a UHAUL or something? Can you imagine opening it and seeing that stuff?

It probably had everything in it still, who would want to risk taking anything.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Because he doesn't know how to give a speech without one?

List of recent presidents who did not use this available technology?

Do you begrudge the POTUS for using a FAX machine or email to send communications instead of US Mail or Pony Express?

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Someone better find a replacement quick, or obummer won't be able to do the one thing he can do well, read the teleprompter to give speeches. :D

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
List of recent presidents who did not use this available technology?

Do you begrudge the POTUS for using a FAX machine or email to send communications instead of US Mail or Pony Express?

The point escaping you all is not that a teleprompter is being used but how much this President relies on one. That is what is unusual between this President and past Presidents. It seems one cannot poke fun at the anointed one without our progressive friends getting bent out of shape.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way.../report-truck-with-obamas-teleprompter-stolen

This will put a serious dent in Obama's fundraising activities over the next few days until it can be replaced. This could not come at a worse time as obama has a speaking engagement in Virginia.

images

images

images

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
This is pretty funny at a couple of levels :D

It was meant to be. I was going to post the foxnews link... but showing obama in a bad light is one thing... having it on foxnews would mean double waddage in is admirers panties. But this is too funny....

The theft does not appear to be related to a bill by freshman Rep. Steve Womack, R-Ark., who in February proposed defunding the president's Teleprompter. He pulled his bill after the Congressional Budget Office told Womack it could not estimate the cost of toting around the equipment affectionately known as TOTUS -- Teleprompter of the United States. Womack's office did not have any comment on its recovery.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
The point escaping you all is not that a teleprompter is being used but how much this President relies on one. That is what is unusual between this President and past Presidents. It seems one cannot poke fun at the anointed one without our progressive friends getting bent out of shape.

I think the point is escaping you. I didn't nor will ever vote for Obama. There are far bigger issues I have with him than his reliance on modern technology, THAT is the point.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003

Talk is cheap. Prove it.

Feb 16, 2005
Yes, it will bring it to a crashing halt... No other president/governor/speaker had notes in some fashion or another, whether it be a speech fully written out and read verbatim (Gettysburg Address comes to mind), or just key words scribbled on your hand (caribou barbie comes to mind on that one).
They ALL give speeches from memory, all hail the teleprompter as the first speech utility ever used by anyone ever.

fucking idiots...

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way.../report-truck-with-obamas-teleprompter-stolen

This will put a serious dent in Obama's fundraising activities over the next few days until it can be replaced. This could not come at a worse time as obama has a speaking engagement in Virginia.

Obama spends too much fucking time in Virginia. Whenever he visits its fucks up the local schools and other things. I guess he's gotta suck up to all his illegals. His party will need the extra votes in 10-15 years.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I have to admit this is pretty damn funny. Anyways isnt there a backup TOTUS he can use?