Torn between Obama and McCain

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Obama wants to concentrate on developing new sources of energy which could gives us a lead in that technology which could be the source of immense wealth for this country and could propel our economy for the next century.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: seemingly random
Most voters don't want a change in the current abortion laws.

Only a suicidal, wingnut politician would go against this tide.

What?

I have a Van parked out front (not mine) covered with stickers saying stop the mass killings, abortion is murder, etc etc and covered in McCain/Palin stickers now too.

They are hispanic catholics

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Obama wants to concentrate on developing new sources of energy which could gives us a lead in that technology which could be the source of immense wealth for this country and could propel our economy for the next century.

As much as that sounds nice it will never happen.

He will not cut ties to the Saudi's.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

As much as that sounds nice it will never happen.

He will not cut ties to the Saudi's.
No not in the immediate future. Hell even during his tenure as President we probably won't develop the technology to cut ties with those countries but he could get us well on the way to being able to do so, much like JFK's program to get to the moon. America became the leading economic power by daring to take on such ambitious goals.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
I think most of the "undecideds" at this point in the election are people who still can't commit to Mr McCain. But they will vote for him in November.

The last Gallup poll I saw:

Obama: 49%
McCain: 43%
Undecided: 8%

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Siddhartha
I think most of the "undecideds" at this point in the election are people who still can't commit to Mr McCain. But they will vote for him in November.

So if 6% goes with McCain and 2% goes with Obama, Obama will still win handily

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Siddhartha

So if 6% goes with McCain and 2% goes with Obama, Obama will still win handily

I will thinking along the same lines, 2% breaking for Mr Obama. But considering Mr Bush's performance and the current state of the economy who can really be "undecided" between Mr Obama and Mr McCain?

The choice is clear cut. A vote for Mr McCain is pretty much a vote for the current Republican agenda. A vote for Mr Obama is a step away from that.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: alphatarget1
This pretty much describes how I feel about this election. Either way, whoever wins will be screwed.
I too, think that is the grim reality, but the only way out, is through.

Mac v. Obama had me sitting the fence, Biden v. Palin put me firmly on Obama's side of it. I also think that Obama&Biden will do much better on the foreign relations front. In this day and age, I am a proponent of the philosophy of "You gotta have friends" and we have far too few at the moment.

DukeN

Golden Member
Dec 12, 1999
Gullibility of Americans is hilarious. I can understand the illiterates, neocons, religious zealots and the easily swayed by extremist propaganda not liking Obama (and the Dems in general). But anyone objective and compassionate should see the difference between Obama and McCain in an hour or two, leave alone months.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: DukeN
Gullibility of Americans is hilarious. I can understand the illiterates, neocons, religious zealots and the easily swayed by extremist propaganda not liking Obama (and the Dems in general). But anyone objective and compassionate should see the difference between Obama and McCain in an hour or two, leave alone months.
Well when doing what's best for America this time means voting against your party and core beliefs, that's the reason some moderate Republicans are still conflicted.