Torchlight 2, My Impressions... (updated: 5/10/12 with Final Impressions)

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
You guys got me back in. Made an embermage and a berserker.
Both were nice, but didnt feel particularly special. I had more fun with the other classes.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

itsmydamnation

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2011
Anyone had an issue with the game locking up on the loading screen when moving between areas? Three friends and I have been trying to play a LAN game or Internet game for a few hours and every 2 or 3 times we switch areas one of us locks up.

i find that some time it just takes an extremely long amount of time, to the point where you think it has locked up but it normally ends up loading.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
Picked this up in the sale. Wishing I hadn't - all it's done is remind me why I hated D2's skill system so much. It's a straightjacket. Level 1-30, and all I've done is use prismatic bolts over and over again.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Picked this up in the sale. Wishing I hadn't - all it's done is remind me why I hated D2's skill system so much. It's a straightjacket. Level 1-30, and all I've done is use prismatic bolts over and over again.

Then you are probably playing on normal. You could probably make it all the way though normal hitting things with your staff. Play on Veteran or higher, and you will then find that you will want a few more skills. I suggest you look at the synergy that hailstorm has with prismatic bolts.
(although I have to say that prismatic bolts combined with the elemental damage passives is probably the most powerful build in the game.)

Keeper

Mar 9, 2005
Then you are probably playing on normal. You could probably make it all the way though normal hitting things with your staff. Play on Veteran or higher, and you will then find that you will want a few more skills. I suggest you look at the synergy that hailstorm has with prismatic bolts.
(although I have to say that prismatic bolts combined with the elemental damage passives is probably the most powerful build in the game.)

Hopefully, THIS could be the tip of the year. I played a little last night as well. On Normal.
And thought CRIPES.... I shoulda saved 10 bucks.

OK. Going verteran. Wish me luck.......

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
Ugh, been working with Runic's support. Was able to play the game for a day then the second day the game keeps crashing after trying to load. Reinstalled multiple times, updated video drivers, etc.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005

I'd expect higher difficulties would make me want to water down my skills even less. That said, moot point - the game didn't show me it was worth continuing in 6 hours, and it's not worth restarting.

Clinkster

Aug 5, 2009
Ugh, been working with Runic's support. Was able to play the game for a day then the second day the game keeps crashing after trying to load. Reinstalled multiple times, updated video drivers, etc.

I had this problem too. Is your video card overclocked? If so, try reverting it to stock OR underclocking.