Torchlight 2 free on Steam soon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
Your analogy completely ruins the entire point of why this wouldn't be an issue even if it was true. For one, it cost you $20 or less... not $60k+. Two, you've had months of playing time that the others didn't get. It wasn't a matter of hours, it was a matter of MONTHS.

You can edit your posts. Just edit the OP with your correction. When editing click "go advanced" to edit the title.

so how does cost.. or time owned have anything to do with the principle of you paid now they are giving what you paid good money for away? regardless of the product this is pretty wrong.

I don't care if it doesn't happen or not.. the premise that you think it is ok bothers the living **** out of me..
20$ or 20000000000000$ its still money I worked for.

giving a few copies out as prizes to a few people would be 100% acceptable.. opening the vault and giving it away.. that's quite another.

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
so how does cost.. or time owned have anything to do with the principle of you paid now they are giving what you paid good money for away? regardless of the product this is pretty wrong.

I don't care if it doesn't happen or not.. the premise that you think it is ok bothers the living **** out of me..
20$ or 20000000000000$ its still money I worked for.

giving a few copies out as prizes to a few people would be 100% acceptable.. opening the vault and giving it away.. that's quite another.

Yeah I agree with this.

If it was released years ago, fine, whatever.

Not only would it upset people who paid for it right away, but it would probably hurt sales on the next Torchlight. I certainly wouldn't buy it right away knowing that it may go free in a few months..

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
You can't just make up a new world and say "lets assume this thing that didn't happen actually DID happen" and apply the same logic to it. Hindsight is 20/20, and if somebody knew without a doubt that they could get the game for free if they waited 2 months then things would be different. But that's not what happened, and it's not happening now either so this entire conversation is moot and we should just stop at this point.

You don't get it. That's fine. It was just another way to try and explain something you don't understand. I'm not going to keep going.

power_hour

Oct 16, 2010
What? Free?
Lol it won't be free anytime soon IMO.

It was suppose to be a free giveaway according to a source. Limited time and free full version of the game. Then I get told whoops, sorry. Ah screw me.

Anyway, the deal they have going is still awesome, $15 for this game. I am having a blast with all the various character combos. Basic dungeon crawler but very fun and easy to pickup.

Highly recommend it.