Topher Grace to be 'Spidey 3' villain!

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
Is he supposed to be scary? I can't imagine a single villain he could be...

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: ElFenix
rbloedow in 3... 2...

I was just going to say that Ryan has a huge thing for Topher.

Pun intended? Maybe. Never see Saving Ryan's Privates so I couldn't tell ya how big it is :laugh:

Dracos

Jun 10, 2001
He looks like he could play Carnage as someone else said. Carnage wasn't that muscalar...he was just insane...

Qwest

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2001
i'm mixing up Carnage and Venom.
Venom was the black symbiate recovered in space on the trip JJ's son goes on, right?
Eddie Brock, the bitter dude, becomes venom then?

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Qwest
Venom was the black symbiate recovered in space on the trip JJ's son goes on, right?

if your going by the cartoon then yes...if you go by the comic book then theres this whole thing about spiderman turning into cosmic spider man and going into another dimesion with thor and others and somehow ends up linking up with brock who gets turned into venom

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Drakkon

if your going by the cartoon then yes...if you go by the comic book then theres this whole thing about spiderman turning into cosmic spider man and going into another dimesion with thor and others and somehow ends up linking up with brock who gets turned into venom

To go further into this, he received the black suit from the Beyonder :p

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: nakedfrog

lol i knew someone nerdy than me would come along :D

Dracos

Jun 10, 2001
Originally posted by: nakedfrog

lol i knew someone nerdy than me would come along :D

Actually he found the suit on the Beyonder's world during the First Secret War.....I use to really be into the comics....

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Church looks a bit old to be playing eddie brock, but I guess it was never clear how old brock was.

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
church imo isn't even bulky enough to be venom. I still venom as a big dumb ox. bulk short tempered guy.

church just looks normal. that's has to be some bulky actor out there.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
No matter how you look at it, Venom's backstory is so freaking huge that I really would be surprised if they brought him into Spidey 3. Maybe an introduction or a mention of some space trip in three or even a sidestory in 3 that results in Venom at the end as a hanger for 4...

However, I could see both of those guys playing Venom and Carnage... you can do a lot with super suits to look tougher than you are ;)

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Nik
Originally posted by: ElFenix
rbloedow in 3... 2...

I was just going to say that Ryan has a huge thing for Topher.

Pun intended? Maybe. Never see Saving Ryan's Privates so I couldn't tell ya how big it is :laugh:
You left out the drumroll.
That was actually funny. I'm impressed.