Top 5 Best GTX 780 OC Cards

loci03

Oct 30, 2013
I've been reading around and i don't think i will wait around and pay 700 for a gtx 780 ti. $500 is a good dollar amout for a super nice card. What would you say is the best card right now. I heard that the ZOTAC AMP! GeForce GTX 780 ZT-70203-10P Video Card (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814500311 ) is the best overclock card. Ideal i will keep this card for 2-3 years? what do you think is the best top 5 cards?

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
EVGA Classified is bar none the best potential overclocking card on the market.

It still a silicon lottery though.

Other good cards are the HoF and Lightning.

Notable mention for cards like the MSI Gaming.

raghu78

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2012
yeah evga classified is the very best with 1400 mhz on air. hof and lightning follow behind.

Granseth

May 6, 2009
What makes the EVGA Classified the best?
Has it unlocked voltage or best tools or best cooler?

raghu78

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2012
What makes the EVGA Classified the best?
Has it unlocked voltage or best tools or best cooler?

voltage control with higher max voltage than other cards and probably binning. the average classy hits 1300 mhz overlocked with the golden ones at 1400 mhz on air.

Granseth

May 6, 2009
voltage control with higher max voltage than other cards and probably binning. the average classy hits 1300 mhz overlocked with the golden ones at 1400 mhz on air.

So that makes it 100-200Mhz better than an ASUS, MSI or Gigabyte ones?

loci03

Oct 30, 2013
So the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 780 AMP! Edition is not good? I can only fit a card that max at 10.9 in length

Triglet

Nov 22, 2007
Classified worth the $40 premium over the lightning/HOF for air? I can't find a reason to not pull the trigger on one of these to hold me over till Maxwell.

akahoovy

Golden Member
May 1, 2011
Top 5?

Like these guys have said,
EVGA Classified
MSI Lightning
Galaxy HOF

Of high quality is also the Asus DirectCU2 and would give my fifth vote to the Gigabyte Windforce.

tviceman

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2008
www.facebook.com
I am starting to more and more think the Lightning cards aren't cherry picked, so besides the OC friendly dual bios I think the EVGA classified and the Galaxy HOF are the two best. I'd go with the HOF over the classified and pocket the $40. Reviews show the HOF can hit 1300mhz which is damn good.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
I think the classified is the best followed by the lightning. The HOF benchmarks very well but a lot of folks at HardOCP have had significant issues with the card - check the thread over at HardOCP before buying. It could very well but a PEBKAC issue, but i'd read through that. However, the benchmarks on the HOF are pretty darn amazing. Hard to ignore the performance and out of box boosts it apparently produces.

Anyway, IMO, the lightning and classified are the best because they both allow over-volting while the HOF does not. Also, the Zotac AMP! 780 is out of consideration because it definitely not have OV capability. Keep in mind, getting the special edition of afterburner for OV'ing the lightning isn't as straightforward. You'll have to email MSI and ask them for it, apparently, although I haven't heard of anyone being turned down.

Also, is it just me do both the HOF and lightning both look pretty cheesy? I loved the aesthetics of the 680 lightning but the 780 lightning....I DUNNO. Don't like that weird looking middle fan.

Last edited:

Slomo4shO

Nov 17, 2008
The HOF benchmarks very well but a lot of folks at HardOCP have had significant issues with the card -

What issues are you referring to exactly?

Anyway, IMO, the lightning and classified are the best because they both allow over-volting while the HOF does not.
Your post is just riddled with misinformation. Thanks for pointing out your bias in the final sentence.

Last edited:

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Pages 4 through 7. Some issues with VRM and their special boost thingy not working properly with throttling. Some at OCN mentioned the same issues.

Like I said, could be PEBKAC but give it a read.

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001

This is the same card over and over... You can't say this is the best overclocking card based off of one card...? Spend some time on the OCN Valley thread - There are plenty of GTX 780 Classifieds hitting 1350-1400 Mhz on air and even one hitting 1530Mhz on water. Most of the HOF's I have seen are hitting between 1300-1330Mz on air. Also Grooveriding on here has two Classifieds that hit 1359Mhz in SLI - game stable.

Last edited:

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
Not to mention you're looking at overall score and not gpu, I didn't see a way to look at the specific run with each x6 Intel chip but I didn't care enough to look really hard.

Slomo4shO

Nov 17, 2008
This is the same card over and over...

Yes it is, I said the 780 HOF holds the top position in benchmarks of the available 780 benchmarks. Was that statement inaccurate?

Also, the EVGA Classified is a popular card. Please advise me the frequency of appearance of the HOF in the Valley thread. Just to clue you in, there has been a whole ZERO benchmarks of the HOF in the Valley benchmark thread since the card was released on July 29.

Last edited:

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
Yes it is, I said the 780 HOF holds the top position in benchmarks of the available 780 benchmarks. Was that statement inaccurate?

Also, the EVGA Classified is a popular card. Please advise me the frequency of appearance of the HOF in the Valley thread.

You are absolutely right. It's on LN2 :rolleyes: and hand picked from Galaxy themselves.

Poor guy looks scared...

Computex-Galaxy-Show1.jpg

Balla said, the best "Potential" overclocking card. And I agree with him based off of what I have seen viewing multiple enthusiast forums. The HOF is not as popular so you find less results overall, But even when you see HOF results they are equal to the lowest I have seen on the classifieds. Sorry, I am not trolling through the OCN valley thread.... ugh... please don't make me....

Slomo4shO

Nov 17, 2008
I am not trolling through the OCN valley thread.... ugh... please don't make me....

Troll all you want, you wont find a single 780 HOF benchmarked in that thread :whiste:

I am still interested to see what data of HOF overclocks that you are using to draw your conclusions :)