Took my AIDS test, passed it, got a 65.....

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Yea we all know how funny Chris Rock is with his AIDS spiel, but I just got back from Student health services.

NEG-O-TIVE

Not that I ever engaged in risky behavior, but my Ex GF did cheat on me.....

Anyways... longest damn hour of my life waiting for the results... Good to have the official verdict and I'm so happy, I thought I'd share it with you all.

:beer:

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
Yea we all know how funny Chris Rock is with his AIDS spiel, but I just got back from Student health services.

NEG-O-TIVE

Anyways... longest damn hour of my life waiting for the results... Good to have the official verdict and I'm so happy, I thought I'd share it with you all.

oh good call getting checked.

congrats err i think.

so you still with her or kick her to the curb?

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Took my TB test. Passed it don't gotta take pills for 9 months that prohibit me from drinking!

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Waiting for test results can be nerve-wracking.

I get tested every 6 months, even if I haven't been sexually active, as there are diseases which can remain dormant for quite some time (i.e. tests comes back clean, but you really do have the disease... which may or may not show up on tests months, years later).

The incidence of AIDS is actually MUCH lower than people might think. I was talking to the doc at the University of Michigan when I was tested there, and he said in his 15 years working at U of M, only 2 AIDS tests came back HIV-positive.

Sadly, lesser-known STD's such as HPV are extremely common. There is no way to test for the disease in males... only 5% ever show symptoms, and the other 95% will never know they have it unless their partner tests positive for it. They estimate 1/4 sexually active people have one strain or another (there are 70 different strains), ranging from the type that cause genital warts to the type that causes cervical cancer in women.

Everyone worries about the "big" diseases, when in actuality I think it's more realistic to worry about the "smaller" ones.

But congrats on the clean test, you must be very relieved.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Im still waitin on the Chylmidia and Herpes test, but seein as how it doesnt burn when I pee, I think I'm OK.

I never experienced any symptoms, but I still wanted to get checked to verify that I was OK, for myself and my future partner (if I can ever get a date) :p

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

NEG-O-TIVE

Just because you passed an HIV/AIDS test doesn't mean you don't have it. If you were to completely isolate yourself right now from everyone on the planet and all external contact, you may still have it and might fail another test taken in 6 months. AIDS can lay dormant, according to this book

marquee

Banned
Aug 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Dezign
Waiting for test results can be nerve-wracking.

I get tested every 6 months, even if I haven't been sexually active, as there are diseases which can remain dormant for quite some time (i.e. tests comes back clean, but you really do have the disease... which may or may not show up on tests months, years later).

The incidence of AIDS is actually MUCH lower than people might think. I was talking to the doc at the University of Michigan when I was tested there, and he said in his 15 years working at U of M, only 2 AIDS tests came back HIV-positive.

Sadly, lesser-known STD's such as HPV are extremely common. There is no way to test for the disease in males... only 5% ever show symptoms, and the other 95% will never know they have it unless their partner tests positive for it. They estimate 1/4 sexually active people have one strain or another (there are 70 different strains), ranging from the type that cause genital warts to the type that causes cervical cancer in women.

Everyone worries about the "big" diseases, when in actuality I think it's more realistic to worry about the "smaller" ones.

But congrats on the clean test, you must be very relieved.

I tested clean too! :)

Hmm, if I say I wasn't nervous, is ATOT going to think I'm a nerdy loser who's never gotten laid?

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt

NEG-O-TIVE

Just because you passed an HIV/AIDS test doesn't mean you don't have it. If you were to completely isolate yourself right now from everyone on the planet and all external contact, you may still have it and might fail another test taken in 6 months. AIDS can lay dormant, according to this book

Well sadly, I havent had any sexual contact in over 6 months, so I'm pretty sure I'm OK.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt

NEG-O-TIVE

Well sadly, I havent had any sexual contact in over 6 months, so I'm pretty sure I'm OK.

Well, it's not like 6 months is the magic time period. Cold be 1 month, could be 2 years. I'm not willing to go bounding through that book again right now. Pick it up, if you're worried enough to actually get a test done. Good read. AIDS is a freakin weird disease. Let it sit on a tissue on the counter and it will die when exposed without anything to "feed" on. Let it sit there for two weeks completely dead, then touch the tissue. Bam. You have an active strain of AIDS. :Q

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002

NEG-O-TIVE

OK, Now to be sure a fractional percentage more, you'll need to restrain from ANY sexual contact for 6 months and then have another test done. One test does a negative make.
This is assuming no other partners with you between your last contact with her and the test.

Hang in there, chances are you'll only have herpes from it....... Rim shot J/K :D

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: AlienCraft

NEG-O-TIVE

OK, Now to be sure a fractional percentage more, you'll need to restrain from ANY sexual contact for 6 months and then have another test done. One test does a negative make.
This is assuming no other partners with you between your last contact with her and the test.

Hang in there, chances are you'll only have herpes from it....... Rim shot J/K :D

Like I said in an above post, its been over 6 months..... its been over a year actually... I dont just go around sleeping with people. I do much safer activities like stalking and spying on the Skoobs ;)