:( "too many inquires last 12 months"

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
i applied for discover student card.. and that was one of the reasons I was rejected. I don't get it though. The only time there should've been an inquiry was when I applied for my AMEX blue card. am I missing something?

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Have you applied for student loans or went to test drive any new cars?

A lot of underhanded dealers will do a credit check while you're out for the test drive. :(

Apr 5, 2000
Well, if lots of credit card companies get ahold of your name and check your credit rating that can cause a problem. (Like those applications you get in the mail where you are "pre-approved" for a CC)

slycat

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Angrymarshmello
Well, if lots of credit card companies get ahold of your name and check your credit rating that can cause a problem. (Like those applications you get in the mail where you are "pre-approved" for a CC)

yeah..how do u stop that shite?

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
Originally posted by: N8Magic
Have you applied for student loans or went to test drive any new cars?

A lot of underhanded dealers will do a credit check while you're out for the test drive. :(

no, i've never test drove any cars.... and student loans I got approved through fafsa, I didn't apply for them myself if that's what you mean...

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
You'll just have to wait an entire year before you can apply again. Those marks will drop twelve months from the time it was requested.

Also, I would get a secured Visa or Mastercard.

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
Get a copy of your credit report and see who's been checking your credit.

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
You can probably get an unsecured visa or MC pretty easily, discover and amex are harder for students to get....not to mention, you can't use them in all that many places.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
You'll just have to wait an entire year before you can apply again. Those marks will drop twelve months from the time it was requested.

Also, I would get a secured Visa or Mastercard.

Good advice which sounds vaguely familiar ;)

With your decline letter you are entitled to a FREE copy of your credit report, do it! Once you receive your credit report, if you see any inquiries which should not be there, dispute them, after 2 months they should be fixed and removed.

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Get a copy of your credit report, It will be free because you were turned down because of there records.
List all those that have made insquiries into your credit, sue there asses, there are laws concerning credit checks that are not authorixed by the person being checked.

Bleep

Rkonster

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2000
Originally posted by: slycat
Originally posted by: Angrymarshmello

yeah..how do u stop that shite?

These promotional inquiries do not show up on the credit report that others can pull. Only on the ones you pull yourself.