Tonight's Stargate: Atlantis Season Premier [09-28-2008]...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: SunnyD
Originally posted by: techs
Interesting episode of Atlantis. And wow, the preview of of next weeks SG Atlantis has a twist for Weir!

*Teal'c* Indeed.

Of course, not having seen what happens next week yet, I can only hypothesize... Weir is going to get Borg'd into the replicators, not like it matters since the replicators already probed human minds for all their info before. But I'm betting it will come back to play in future episodes... especially I can see Weir's "humanity" contaminating the replicators in a "Hugh" Third-of-Five kind of way, saving the day. But agian, I haven't seen what happens yet, so it's all pure speculation.
I'm kind of annoyed they're going that route. "Atlantis member becomes half-human half-<enemy race>" is how they got rid of Ford too.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: ViRGE
Originally posted by: SunnyD
Originally posted by: techs
Interesting episode of Atlantis. And wow, the preview of of next weeks SG Atlantis has a twist for Weir!

*Teal'c* Indeed.

Of course, not having seen what happens next week yet, I can only hypothesize... Weir is going to get Borg'd into the replicators, not like it matters since the replicators already probed human minds for all their info before. But I'm betting it will come back to play in future episodes... especially I can see Weir's "humanity" contaminating the replicators in a "Hugh" Third-of-Five kind of way, saving the day. But agian, I haven't seen what happens yet, so it's all pure speculation.
I'm kind of annoyed they're going that route. "Atlantis member becomes half-human half-<enemy race>" is how they got rid of Ford too.

Thats what I thought. I couldn't help thinking Weir would join Ford at Birneyville Memorial (for the fans of St. Elsewhere)

ViRGE

Oct 9, 1999
Ratings for the season premier: 1.2

Frack, there goes season 5.:( I blame Flash Gordon.

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Don't worry, some men wearing burlaps who think they can fly from Mongo, hawkmen who cawcaw a lot, will save the day.

ViRGE

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Pocatello
Don't worry, some men wearing burlaps who think they can fly from Mongo, hawkmen who cawcaw a lot, will save the day.
I should strangle you for that comment.:p

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Amanda Tapping and Jewel Staite (I always think of her as Kaylee) will make everything all right. Crossing fingers.

I have had so much high hope for the sci-fi channel. But SG-1 is done (the ending sucked), SG-Atlantis is on the brink, and BSG is nearly done. If they think they can save that piece of turd called Flash Gordon with 2 min of BSG flashback...anyway a DVR comes in handy in such a situation. Flash Gordon in HD is still crap, the actresses are cute (are they sisters?), though.

Aug 23, 2000
Well they are trying to make more time for the spin off of Who wants to be a super hero. Sci-Fi is turning into another reality channel didn't you know? The new show will be "Who Wants to Star in a Shitty TV Show".

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
The SciFi channel just launched HD on DirecTV today. SG:A in HD this week now!

ViRGE

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Pocatello
Amanda Tapping and Jewel Staite (I always think of her as Kaylee) will make everything all right. Crossing fingers.

I have had so much high hope for the sci-fi channel. But SG-1 is done (the ending sucked), SG-Atlantis is on the brink, and BSG is nearly done. If they think they can save that piece of turd called Flash Gordon with 2 min of BSG flashback...anyway a DVR comes in handy in such a situation. Flash Gordon in HD is still crap, the actresses are cute (are they sisters?), though.
FG follows the traditional formula for syndicated Canadian produced fantasy/sci-fi TV; go cheap, hire enough good looking but also cheap women that you get eyeballs. Ming's daughter can't act, but she looks good in lingerie so that's all that matters to the network. And no, they aren't sisters.

ViRGE

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Queasy
The SciFi channel just launched HD on DirecTV today. SG:A in HD this week now!
That's good news and bad news. It's good because SGA in HD is great, but at the same time I'm scared to all hell as to how DirectTV is going to compress it. They compress SD SciFi to hell, and their normal HD channels are really HD-Lite with higher compression and a lower resolution. I can't help but think SciFi HD will be HD-ExtraLite with even further compression.:eek:

FreshPrince

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2001
I missed it! :(

sucks that SG-1 is no more and BSG sucked all last season.

SG-A was the only good show left and with those ratings....I guess no season 5 either? :(

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: ViRGE
Wait, Zim is alive? Damn hitmen, they can never get even the simple tasks correct.:p

I miss you too ViRGE! :lips: :p