Tomb Raider (2013)

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
tomb-raider.jpg

Here is a pretty extensive walkthrough done by IGN with some of the Developers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9i_U9y4BWI

Looks pretty good, although this is 360 footage.

Last edited:

Necc

Feb 15, 2011
Can't wait for March 05, I hope Iget 60+ fps maxed with my Trusty GTX 660.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Was skeptical about this game at first, but the more I hear about it, the more it looks like it's going to be really good.

It's also being published by Square Enix, who (surprisingly enough) understands the PC market more than any other major publisher right now. So you know the PC version is going to be good.

I already have two or three new games in the pipe-line, so I can't justify pre-ordering anymore games at the moment. I'll definitely be picking this one up soon though.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Biggest negative seems to be is that it is not extermely long - 12-15 hours. Other than that it looks fantastic.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
What the hell is wrong with you two. That's not even remotely funny.

Sure it is.

The entire game series is a freaking joke. Their controls have been absolutely awful throughout the entire series. They deserve to be made fun of.

Besides, it's a video game. Relax.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
After Tomb Raider Chronicles, the game maker responsible seems to say "Control system responsiveness? We've heard of it".

v5 and before, the control system is perfectly responsive.

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
Biggest negative seems to be is that it is not extermely long - 12-15 hours. Other than that it looks fantastic.

IMO, that seems pretty long for an action game. A lot of recent games are trying to pass 5-6 hour campaigns off as a legit length.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
What the hell is wrong with you two. That's not even remotely funny.

Oh come on. You've been a forum member since 2000, and you're still not accustomed to twisted humor? If that stuff offends you, you probably shouldn't be on the internet.

Jokes aside, I'm glad Tomb Raider touches on some dark topics. Most games don't have the balls to portray something like rape. I commend anything that alleviates the stigma of video games being a children's medium.

dagamer34

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2005
After reading one or two reviews, I pre-ordered the game on Steam. Hopefully it won't disappoint. Also hoping for Xbox 360 controls as I like to play on my TV.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Can't wait for the scene where you get to rape Lara :p

I know right?!
That bitch has been asking for it for years.
All that tight clothing, those big tits popping out, you can just tell she wants to have sex against her will.
Who's with me?!

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
Got Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider preorder codes for $55 total on eBay. I'm so pumped for both of them!

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Got Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider preorder codes for $55 total on eBay. I'm so pumped for both of them!

Gmg had it for $36 the other day I missed it. Are there any others besides bioshock I only liked the first one.

Talk about long, hawx 2 is dragging on lol but yeah that's decent time for a pc game now a days. 5-6 is a joke really if the game is very good. Normally a game can be decent but then gets stale if it's long but not good.

Last edited:

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
Gmg had it for $36 the other day I missed it. Are there any others besides bioshock I only liked the first one.

Talk about long, hawx 2 is dragging on lol but yeah that's decent time for a pc game now a days. 5-6 is a joke really if the game is very good. Normally a game can be decent but then gets stale if it's long but not good.

Bioshock Infinite seems to be a pretty big different direction than the first two; it might be worth checking out for the combo deal. If anything, just sell your Infinite code later.

badb0y

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2010
Looks like the female version of Uncharted....which is good because I love the Uncharted series.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Are any of these reviews for the pc; most of them seem to be xbox (i.e, is the pc controls decent ?)

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
What I don't understand is why it requires a DX10 class GPU minimum yet it uses the same engine as Underworld. Is the game limited to dx9 or not?

The entire franchise is one miserable failure after another. Surprise, surprise.