Tomato 1.28 Shibby build 138 MultiWAN

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Finally decided to upgrade my Asus RT-N12/D1 running Shibby Tomato build 132, to 138 MultiWAN, to attempt to be able to use both my FIOS 50/50, as well as my Sprint MiFi as a backup.

This is also thanks to a Netis Travel Router that I picked up at Newegg for ~$6 shipped a few days ago. It has one ethernet port, and supports WISP mode, which is basically wireless client mode combined with a NAT router. Since the MiFi is a wireless hotspot, and doesn't have an ethernet port, that travel router is pretty handy.

I had a number of issues, but it mostly comes down to my not messing with the VLAN configuration on Tomato before, along with the listed ports on the VLAN page being possibly incorrect.

I unchecked "port 4" from the LAN (VLAN 0), and then created VLAN2, checked "port 4", and selected "WAN2". On my router, that port is the farthest LAN port from the "real" WAN port.

Then go to the Basic config screen, select "WANS: 2", and then set up their appropriate info. I left both of mine on DHCP for now, though I'll probably change them over to Static IP.

Reactions: Bardock