Tom DeLay Lies About Fake Appointment to Get Campaign Contributions

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
If you actually read what you and yourself quoted, you appear to agree that it was a fundraiser. Sorry if i called you on your inconsistancy, I humbly apologize. ;)

Furthermore, I want to see proof from a eyewitness at the funeral, that it was a "DNC" "fundraiser" or whatever. From the description of people attending the funeral, according to Al Franken's book; it was anything but political. I'm sure you can do better than quote some partisan bile from your hero Mr. Reagan.
Buahahaha - Al Franken said it wasn't political? :p What was he smoking? I watched it!!! It definitely wasn't just a nice tribute to a public servant.

Oh, and I never claimed it was a fundraiser - you can try to pin that on me and blubber about some perceived inconsistency but you are wrong. The premise of the argument was that "No Democrat ever stooped so low"(as it was the begining of the quote string) and Wellstone was brought up and I stated it was because of the DNC. You can interpret it how you want but it was about the shallow stunt the DNC pulled.

BTW - Speaking of Wellstone - it was released today that it was pilot error that caused his plane to crash...not some right-wing conspiracy;)
CkG

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Not to be excessively PC . . . or defend the Dems . . . it's a touch petty to imply anyone ever suggested Wellstone's plane crash was part of a conspiracy. I know you meant it in jest . . . maybe I need to turn down the meter. But if someone (even in jest) implied the Donkey Party has been loading Reagan's food with aluminum since the early 80s (AL is associated with Alzheimer Dz); I would consider their comments in poor taste. Nothing personal . . . just my 0.015.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Not to be excessively PC . . . or defend the Dems . . . it's a touch petty to imply anyone ever suggested Wellstone's plane crash was part of a conspiracy. I know you meant it in jest . . . maybe I need to turn down the meter. But if someone (even in jest) implied the Donkey Party has been loading Reagan's food with aluminum since the early 80s (AL is associated with Alzheimer Dz); I would consider their comments in poor taste. Nothing personal . . . just my 0.015.
Yes it was a very sarcastic remark, but since (almost) everything else around here is a "conspiracy";) Poor taste - maybe.:)

CkG

ASK THE COMMUNITY