Tom Brady sat during the National Anthem. Trump and all the rabid righties didn't care.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Two things I notice conservatives have not changed before and after Trump.

Love of tax cuts for the rich
Tendency towards racism.

Everything else seems fungible.

Back to video, camera cuts to area where Brady is sitting 2 seconds after end of anthem. He is sitting back on the bench adjusting his left glove or armband. Are we to believe he stood for the anthem, sat down for 1-3 seconds just to adjust something on his left arm and get back up? PLEASE!

Didn’t you read my post? His helmet was on the ground next to his leg. He sat down to pick up his helmet but you don’t see that because the Russian stopped the video. The other stuff you said is true.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm g;ad this is a thing. It seems to be almost as important as the teenage white-supremacist yelling at an American Indian drummer incident that was mostly fabricated by a now-banned Russian troll Twitter bot.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Me too! While I'm not so concerned about the personal morality part as I think you can be a shitty person and a good leader, the change in support for free trade, one of the few things I was in total agreement with conservatives on, is worrying.

Big caveat here. You absolutely should be concerned that peoples' sense of right and wrong is adjusted to accommodate a "charismatic" leader. That in itself is more worrying than free trade or, really just about anything else.

Reactions: dank69

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Still nothing on the interweb about this. I guess it's a nothingburger. OP, where did you get this youtube link?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Still nothing on the interweb about this. I guess it's a nothingburger. OP, where did you get this youtube link?
I'm not sure why someone caught on video sitting down after the national anthem is over would be a big deal anyways, so yes, nothing berder. That's why no one is talking about it.

Reactions: soulcougher73
Nov 29, 2006
I find it funny the second video shows Tom without his heart over his chest (so clearly he doesn't love America!!! No joke I've heard people say shit like that), plus...he appears to be jacking off? Well I guess that would actually support that he really loves America. Like to the point that the national anthem causes him to compulsively masturbate.

(I don't really care, and I'm not at all surprised at the blatant hypocrisy of right wingers of the flag and national anthem issues, mostly just poking fun at the absurdity of this and that if right wingers hadn't been such raging shitheads no one would give a fuck.)

I honestly couldn't give a shit, but your stupidass commentary compelled me to respond.

As usual your football takes suck almost as bad as your piece of shit team. First of all, Brady is hardly quick (I certainly notice how often they remark about what a speed demon he is...hahaha holy shit I just wanna laugh at how stupid your comment is when Brady is often cited for his lack of quickness in basically every aspect other than quick passes which even those take seconds), and it was really fucking cold, I highly doubt Brady did any full body motion like sitting down quicker than one second that night. Second, he was sitting down and in the middle of adjusting his uniform, so unless you can do that in less than one second your argument is pretty much pointless. In fact if you watch how long he's taking as he continues to adjust, he had been sitting for probably a good 3 seconds minimum before the camera even showed him). Meanwhile his teammates are just reacting to the end of the anthem. But hey, Brady actually being the Flash would certainly explain some things.

It was about 4 seconds before the camera got to Brady after the song ended. So even your 3 second comment fits into that time frame. 1 second to sit, 3 seconds of fiddling. If he was sitting during this would be all over the internet. It’s not other than this thread really. Nothing burger at its finest.

Mar 11, 2004
It was about 4 seconds before the camera got to Brady after the song ended. So even your 3 second comment fits into that time frame. 1 second to sit, 3 seconds of fiddling. If he was sitting during this would be all over the internet. It’s not other than this thread really. Nothing burger at its finest.

If you're going to seriously contest what I posted, you should maybe actually comprehend what I posted.

No comment on Tom jerking it? Look at him eye ball the camera as he does it too. You know he's going "yeah you caught me, oh yeah, fuck yeah, I'm Tom Brady, and I can jerk my dick right on camera, surrounded by men, and a crowd of tense of thousands of people, oh god the national anthem makes me wanna fuuuuuuuck, but I can't do that on TV, I can french kiss my son on video, and I can jerk it as long as my dick isn't hanging out but that's why I cut a hole in my "hand warmer" pouch, so I can jerk it all game long." He probably had to sit down so he could jerk it better. And so he could stare at the butts since they'd be eye level aww yeah.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm not sure why someone caught on video sitting down after the national anthem is over would be a big deal anyways, so yes, nothing berder. That's why no one is talking about it.
Circumstantial evidence suggests he was sitting for part of the anthem. If Brady were black that would be enough for Trump

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Circumstantial evidence suggests he was sitting for part of the anthem. If Brady were black that would be enough for Trump
In this thread there is a video of him standing during the national anthem and a video of him sitting after it's over.

I'm going to disagree with you.

Nov 29, 2006
Since this is the big game, I sure Brady will use this opportunity to sit and be seen to make his point. Right? Should be all the talk on the news just like the last game.....

:rolleyes:

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Two things I notice conservatives have not changed before and after Trump.

Love of tax cuts for the rich
Tendency towards racism.

Everything else seems fungible.

Back to video, camera cuts to area where Brady is sitting 2 seconds after end of anthem. He is sitting back on the bench adjusting his left glove or armband. Are we to believe he stood for the anthem, sat down for 1-3 seconds just to adjust something on his left arm and got back up? PLEASE!

You forgot the Jesus loving crowd - who should be opposed to what you mentioned (enriching the rich further; treating fellow man like dirt) - but you know how that goes in this country.