Toilet just broke...what can i do?

keystroker

May 19, 2001
Like my dad just broke my toilet, I tried lifting the objects around but no water seems to be coming up. Any ideas?

BaboonGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002
there should be a hook thats not connected. connect it to something, i forgot what though.

cheapgoose

Diamond Member
May 13, 2002
you can ty to fix it, see if the link between the plug and the handle is broken.

or you can just get a bucket of water from the faucet and just pure it in the toilet to flush down whatever you need to flush

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: cheapgoose
you can ty to fix it, see if the link between the plug and the handle is broken.

or you can just get a bucket of water from the faucet and just pure it in the toilet to flush down whatever you need to flush

or just poop in a hole in the ground til u get a plumber out.

BaboonGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002
look for the hook, it shoudl be on a string thing. pull that all up, that should open up a hole allowing water to come in i think. that hook needs to be attached to something though for the toilet to work normally.

Savij

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
You should have a rubber ball or something else that floats attached to the lever. try pushing that down

NinjaGnome

Platinum Member
Jul 21, 2001
Here is the best way to fix your toilet

Step 1. Find a couple of sticks of dynamite
Step 2. Light sticks of dynamite with match or lighter
Step 3. Quickly place into the toilet
Step 4. Run

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: keystroker
actually i turned on the water and there is water but it keeps flowing

so basically ur toilet is clogged? if so, get a plunger.

Savij

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
actually i turned on the water and there is water but it keeps flowing

Ok, so there is water going into the tank, but it's contantly going into the bowl?

Vonkhan

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
stick ur hand ain it till u find the blockage, then scoop it out and use it as nacho dip

CarpeDiem99

Sep 22, 2003
Originally posted by: NinjaGnome
Here is the best way to fix your toilet

Step 1. Find a couple of sticks of dynamite
Step 2. Light sticks of dynamite with match or lighter
Step 3. Quickly place into the toilet
Step 4. Run

ROFL

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Check the plastic piece that blocks the outflow of water into the bowl. You're saying that water is constantly flowing, but the water tank isn't filling up. I think the plastic piece that supposedly block the hole at the bottom has a leak or is not blocking the hole properly. You may have to replace it or try to adjust it as a temporary solution.

NinjaGnome

Platinum Member
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: kt
Check the plastic piece that blocks the outflow of water into the bowl. You're saying that water is constantly flowing, but the water tank isn't filling up. I think the plastic piece that supposedly block the hole at the bottom has a leak or is not blocking the hole properly. You may have to replace it or try to adjust it as a temporary solution.

Or blow it up with dynamite?

:D

Savij

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
Originally posted by: kt

Then this is what you should be doing

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
constantly going down the bowl

ok so it's not clogged, but the water is constantly running. i would think that in the tank, ther rubber door where the water runs to the bowl is not closed. have u verified that rubber door is shut?

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
constantly going down the bowl

Read my answer above... and click on this link and follow the instruction on how to fix it.

btw, they call that piece of plastic a floatcup.

Savij

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
It's usually attached by a chain and lever directly to the flush lever on the outside of the tank. See if the chain has fallen and is keeping it from sealing the tank off or if it's stuck or something like that.