ToEE fan mods

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
So I've decided to pick up ToEE again from GoG. Haven't played it since it was orginally released and was a buggy clusterfvck. I keep reading that the fan mods really did wonders for the game and figured I'd try it out again.

Anyone have any experience with which mods to go for. Should I be grabbing the Co8 designed mods? Something else?

I want to get my dungeon crawl on.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I still have this on CD somewhere (assume your talking about temple of elemental evil). I played this for maybe an hour or two when I bought it, and then never played it again, as it was pretty much crap (I really wanted to like it too). Let me know how the modding goes though, it might be worth installing again.

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
Co8 is definitely the place you want to start. They overhauled the original interface and fixed most of the broken stuff. They have an installer that allows you to change around some of the defaults like level caps and such.

I have heard that they were working on a Mod for Keep on the Borderlands, but don't know if it is complete or not. Still you really want to patch the original game first. And this is a must if you want to play the game in any reasonable manner.

The mod fixes most of the broken quests. It also allows/installs some of the missing items you need for crafting. I would recommend that you read the very helpful mod explanation here

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
Last I remember the Circle of 8 mods were the way to go. They updated and fixed a bunch of stuff and added side quests etc.

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
Cool, game is patched and the most recent co8 mod with new content is ready to go. I'll let you know how it goes.

thanks for the feedback all.