Toddy cold brewing coffee system (necro)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
I'm still very pleased with french press cold brew. Leave it overnight on the counter and have a liter of cold brew in the morning. Filter it a second time through my Bodum pour over to get out any extra grit and then refrigerate it - good for a few days or more.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I use a Hario drip and Hario server for both hot and cold brew:

https://www.amazon.com/Hario-Range-...ie=UTF8&qid=1467222807&sr=1-15&keywords=hario

https://www.amazon.com/Hario-VDC-02...&ie=UTF8&qid=1467222807&sr=1-2&keywords=hario

Partly due to limited counter space, partly due to the manual control I have. I use a capresso infinity grinder to grind all my beans. For cold brew, I coarsley grind ~1C beans, dump them into a 1L mason jar and cover with filtered water to the brim. I let that steep for a minimum of 24 hours in the fridge. When it's ready to filter, I use the Hario drip/server like I would with hot coffee... just simply put a filter in the drip and pour the concentrate in. Works completely fine. I like how this setup can work for both hot and cold. I also have an aeropress for a single cup. I like using the hario on weekends for multiple cups in the morning :D
I might have to give that a go, I could do it on a weekday evening and have no-muss no-fuss coffee I can pour straight into my gullet the second I wake up on the weekend.

(I've already got a Hario pour-over)

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I have a toddy. Very easy to use but it's kind of expensive to make cold brew if you use fresh grounds. I'd opt for a cheaper bag of coffee to make cold brew. The toddy manual says to cut the concentrate with milk or water but I just drink it straight.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I just put coffee ground in a jar with water, wait overnight then filter.

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I have a toddy. Very easy to use but it's kind of expensive to make cold brew if you use fresh grounds. I'd opt for a cheaper bag of coffee to make cold brew. The toddy manual says to cut the concentrate with milk or water but I just drink it straight.

why would you use fresh ground for iced coffee? 2lb of Maxwell House is like 8 bux.