Today's GOP

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
While I agree the majority of Republicans are lying traitors, I doubt many support this quackery

If I were you I wouldn't bet on it. :oops:

How do you support the 20% number?

I follow current events? :rolleyes:

Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if that number was significantly higher.

GOP = the party of the wealthy and the mass-stupid who worship them.

Last edited:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
But of course ... Dah!!!

Trump-Backed Joe Kent Calls Putin's Demands in Ukraine 'Very Reasonable'

The congressional candidate made the comments at an "emergency" meeting of Republicans to discuss the ongoing war.

Had to look up where the 3rd district is. The big town is Vancover, just across the river from Portland, Or. Further googling turn up this nugget of a website. Seems he not a true blue red crazy.

Joe Kent: Carpetbagger Democrat or America First Patriot? (redvoicemedia.com)

Always remember POE.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I'm a bit confused:

Her remarks came after she asked Noble about his thoughts on arranged marriages as she stated that "we should bring back" dowries—money or goods paid to the bride's family upon marriage.

I thought dowries were paid by the brides family, not to.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Yes, freedom of religion meaning you're free to be a baptist, or a southern baptist, or an episcopalian, or a methodist, or a lutheran...

From friends of mine I hear of the stink eye Mormons give to the other Christian faiths and don't even get me started with the Seventh Day Adventists and their differences of doctrine with the Catholic Church.

Meaning, having the evil godless devil worshiping heathen Democrats to unify against is a "blessing from heaven" as far as their leaderships are concerned. It's like if they couldn't find a common enemy, they'd be going after each other's throats, fighting for the world's souls to save (and their tithes of course). Don't know if things were conspired to work that way but how convenient it is for the Fundamentalist backed Repub party to take advantage of those circumstances.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Revisionism, re-education, Indoctrination, or just plain stupidity?

Lisa McClain Lauds Trump for bin Laden Capture, Which Happened Under Obama

The congresswoman made the assertion at Trump's Michigan rally on Saturday, adding, "We need strength."
She's correct. Obama was prez on 9/11 and was too busy golfing to stop the evildoers. We needed a real strongman to finally capture bin Laden. I mean, come on, Obama/Osama? They're probably cousins. It's common sense.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Anybody see the contradiction here?

Tennessee Marriage Bill Called 'Horrifying' as Law Could See Children Wed

Republican state Representative Tom Leatherwood said the bill offers an "alternative form of marriage."

Marjorie Taylor Greene Echoes QAnon, Calls Democrats 'Party of Pedophiles'

The Georgia congresswoman also repeated her attacks on GOP Senators supporting Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson.
It's always projection....it would be mildly funny if it weren't all so sad, depressing, and fucked up

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Anybody see the contradiction here?

Tennessee Marriage Bill Called 'Horrifying' as Law Could See Children Wed

Republican state Representative Tom Leatherwood said the bill offers an "alternative form of marriage."

Marjorie Taylor Greene Echoes QAnon, Calls Democrats 'Party of Pedophiles'

The Georgia congresswoman also repeated her attacks on GOP Senators supporting Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson.
MARRIAGE IS BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN! (or a child, I guess, we do like to have sex with children, but only within the sacred bonds of matrimony! Unless we're trying to keep it hush-hush, then we'll just pay for it...)

/s

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
She's correct. Obama was prez on 9/11 and was too busy golfing to stop the evildoers. We needed a real strongman to finally capture bin Laden. I mean, come on, Obama/Osama? They're probably cousins. It's common sense.
Remember when certain parties on the right consistently referred to Obama as Hussein Obama? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Just caught a second of Fox news ingraham. These people are getting really nasty and doing exactly what I predicted and expected. First, she runs a clip of a transgender school principle who states how honored and privileged the principle is to be able to talk and help other transgender children in the school. Naturally, ingraham suggests how weird this is and then injects.... DO THE PARENTS KNOW WHAT THIS PRINCIPAL IS UP TO WITH THEIR KID? As if the principal is trying to "convert" your children into trans.
Next, ingraham switched gears to run a clip of some very obvious gay guy, a real screamer that Fox news dug up to color the gay community as a bunch of effeminates. But the thing with this supposedly gay guy, who I suspect is only a Fox news plant, but this gay guy just happens or so it appears to be into the man-boy relationship thing. Then, ingraham links both the trans principal and the gay guy to todays typical democrat.

Ingraham invents this scenario claiming this represents todays democrat party. School principals being closeted transgender, and all gay men as pedophiles stalking the children. Your children.
This is a very dangerous game republicans are playing solely for political gain and to create real tangible hate and anger towards trans people and the gay community. When Fox wants to make some lame point to their audience, its easy for Fox to dig up what they need to dig up in order to push their agenda to their audience regardless of the out right falseness and misconception. But hey.... Fox is doing the bidding of the QAnon crowd. In fact... Fox news is but a part of QAnon. You can tell by their obcession with trans, with gay, and linking both to pedophilia of the children. Of YOUR children.
I said it before and I'll say it again, this is exactly how Adolf Hitler successfully demonized the Jews to the German people. The very same tactics at play. And this will lead to great harm and actual death of trans people and gay people. Violence, exactly as it was in Nazi Germany.